My husband and I just spent 3 nights here last week and can't say enough good things about The Oasis. First of all, the location is perfect, just two blocks from the Jardin, but far enough away so the church bells aren't a problem at night . You step through the front door and the smell of flowers wafts up at you. We poked our heads into each of the four bedrooms at some point, and they're all beautifully appointed, with big, comfortable beds and a quirky but sophisticated mix of antiques and collectible art from all over the world. There is a cool and calm sitting room where we enjoyed Juan's great margaritas and snacks one afternoon. There's no restaurant (San Miguel abounds in great places to eat) but the breakfasts (included) were amazing--we had everything from cinnamon french toast to chilaquiles and various Mexican eggs dishes. The service was unobtrusive and uniformly kind. When the waitress discovered that I liked milk in my coffee, for example, she began warming the milk each morning. The front desk staff will answer any questions you have and help you in anyway possible. And here's a tip: the hotel has its own car service available for trips to and from the aiport in Leon--it cost us $75 for two on our return instead of $60 for the shuttle van, but was definitely worth it, since you get to leave closer to your flight time and ride in real comfort. I have stayed at--and looked at-- several other places in San Miguel, and would definitely rank this at the top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seductive and mysterious. An address located geographically and emotionally in the heart of San Miguel de Allende. The Suites are luxury-filled spaces and all have charming details everywhere. Limited Edition Experiences are designed to pamper the guest at every moment of the stay: from the gourmet breakfast to the High Tea; with beds in Italian linens, silk coverlets and goose down dovets; as well as exclusive and refined amenities to acompany the hot showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your L'Otel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Otel Hotel San Miguel De Allende
- Oasis San Miguel De Allende