“Best B&B in SMA”
Review of Posada Corazon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Posada Corazon
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We have stayed at Posada Corazon a number of times and truly love it. It is on a quiet side street just north of the famous Jardin by the Parroquia. The desayunos (breakfasts) are wonderful and included. It is one of the few B&Bs in SMA with on site parking.

Room Tip: Any room is great. We prefer the Carpintero (Woodpecker) or Colibrí (Hummingbird) rooms, both overl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry M

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I almost hate to spread the word on this hotel - it is such a "find"- but the owners deserve it for running such a great place. Not only does it have lovely, private rooms, it has the best breakfast in San Miguel - made from organic produce raised on-site. And, it's on the best block in town - right off the main square, heading down towards the Parque Juarez. Beautiful, quiet, and convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank pwplatt
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We chose this B&B from two different friend recommendations to celebrate our 15th anniversary, we only stayed one night but it was wonderful. The room was small but cozy and earthy, no tv, no phone, a little balcony, I especially loved how they put fresh rosemary on the towels in the bathroom (nice touch!). The location is perfect, we were just steps away from the Laja Spa, where we had a couples massage and it's so convenient for going to the church area, restaurants, lots of parking, and once you enter the driveway, you will be surprised how earthy it is inside the heart of San Miguel, with lots of huge trees and gardens. The breakfast was included and fabulous, and very filling. Large assortment of homemade, organic teas, coffees, fruit, juice, eggs, etc. I will always remember the little heart-shaped cookies, homemade whole-grain bread and marmelade. I had an amazing eggs benedict with an avocado sauce overtop. For sure we will go back, this is a perfect place if you just want to get away for a spiritual trip by yourself or with a loved one.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chupi
Reviewed 1 April 2011

My partner (who is Mexican) booked this hotel based on reviews in Tripadvisor, and god, did he get it right! We visited San Miguel de Allende in November 2010 with our families (his two Mexican parents and my Greek mom and aunt) so we almost took over the whole place, having booked 3 double rooms. The breakfast was the most varied and excellent one I've ever had in a B&B in my life, there was so much choice and everything we tried was fantastic. Especially the little "egg nest" of tortillas with an amazing red sauce is something I've been dreaming of ever since. To confirm my opinion of the breakfast I overheard an American ex-pat who lives in the area telling her friend who was visiting "I brought you here for brunch as it's the best in San Miguel" and truly, the place also accepts non-guests for breakfast and brunch.

The location is spot on, less than 5 min walk from the central square, and when you get out of the Posada Corazon entrance you are faced with the most magnificent view of the cathedral (as a matter of fact the little street where the entrance is was filled every day with people photographing the great view of the cathedral).

A few other great touches about the hotel are the private library with an amazing variety of books (both literature, non-fiction and coffee table books) that you can peruse during your stay, and if you’re lucky (like us!) to be there in the winter there’s a gigantic wood-burning fireplace that was on all day, and just sitting in the comfy sofa next to it reading a good book can be an immense pleasure. The gardens are also very beautiful, and the owners grow their own organic produce which is used in the breakfasts they provide (we even saw them making their own tortilla chips – totopos – and drying them in the sun!).

There is also secure parking within the Posada walls (if you’re bringing a car), and the walls that surround the place make you feel like you’re in a mini garden of Eden, not 2 minutes from the centre of a buzzing city. Finally, they also offered some amazing jewellery for sale, made by local artists, which I, mom, aunt and mother-in-law were very interested in (we nearly emptied their display cabinet!). Very reasonably priced as well, never experienced that with hotel/B&B jewellery/products.

The rooms were very big, beautifully decorated, and the bathrooms were amazing, again with little nice touches like sweets waiting for us on arrival and complimentary filtered water jugs in the rooms (so you don’t have to pay for bottled water which other hotels charge you for). The beds were really comfy and the owners readily provided an electric heater when we were cold one night (rare in Mexico, but it does happen!). I would definitely go there for my honeymoon!

San Miguel is a very atmospheric place, one of my favourite ones in Mexico (and I've travelled around quite a bit within the country), and is definitely worth a visit. If you're staying even just a few days don't miss Posada Corazon, and especially its breakfast.

NOTE: If you don’t like cats or dogs, please keep in mind that there are quite a few “free-range” ones in the Posada, although the dogs are kept outside (but the cats live inside the communal areas). We love both dogs and cats, so that was an added bonus for us, as they were all very friendly and cuddly :o).

Room Tip: 2 min from central square, best breakfasts
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank mvk0016
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Posada Corazon was a mixed bag for me. I selected my room very carefully from the web site when I made my reservation, and was disappointed when I was given a different room upon arrival. I was supposed to have a room with a private pool in a private courtyard. That particular room is now not used as a sleeping room. I was given the room above it, which looks out on the pool and courtyard. Still a nice room, but not what i expected.

The pool was not heated and although daytime temps were in 80s and 90s the pool temp was a little too cool for comfort. No TV (which was fine). No phone in the room (staff were very friendly in taking messages for me), but using the office phone was an inconvenience and I did not like feeling like I was intruding on their work space.

No iPod docking station or radio.

Bed was really hard and the only pillows were huge (fat) and firm. I can only sleep well with a thin down pillow. Yes, I should have brought my own. I did not ask if they had a soft pillow; my bad.

Really beautiful garden setting with lots of birds, trees, shrubs and flowers. The fresh rosemary in my room was a nice touch. Breakfast every day was delightful; everything organic and made fresh from scratch. The location cannot be beat; it's just 2 blocks to the Parroquia and the jardin. The posada is on Aldama street, which many regard as the best street. It's very quiet and close!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank hiphip
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Our family has stayed at the Posada Corazon on several holidays to San Miguel de Allende. We love the place! The staff are caring, the breakfasts are wonderful, the rooms are clean, quiet and nicely decorated and the gardens are breath takingly beautiful with trees, scultptures, fountains....we also love the 2 friendly dogs, Roz and Nina...they are always smiling and happy to have a pat on the head! The harp and guitar music on the week ends adds even more charm to this already charming oasis!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Asia1
Reviewed 10 December 2008

This place has a unique soul weaved into it.

It is not an accident that the Dalai Lama visited SMA in 2005, at thes ame week that the Posada opened its gates. There was also a full moon eclips that week!!! Btw, the Dalai's secretary stayed at the Posada!

I found all this since I met with the owners, a lovely family who is also private.

The energy is incredible, a blend of a Roman villa , gallery and a monastery - and everything in between.

Expect lots of privacy. If you travel alone there may not be many souls to talk to, but if you came for some solace and reflection, this place is as soulful as it gets. No chatty owners - instead, lots of quiet quality time, organic breakfast and peace. There are 6 cats and 2 dogs on the property, also some fish. All seem to live harmoniously in this high frequency oasis.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ArinSanDiego