“Fantastic B&B & Great for a large group”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Arcos Del Atascadero
“Fantastic B&B & Great for a large group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We came to have our wedding in San Miguel where my wife and I met. We had a group of family and friends - 11 people - who we wanted to stay in the same place yet have their own space and bathrooms. We found it to be a great place with very friendly hosts and staff. I would imagine it's a great place for couples, but for a large group with multiple couples or individuals wanting their own room, definitely consider staying here. Since we had the whole place rented out, we ended up changing our wedding venue to one of the roof tops at the B&B and had a wonderful wedding. Breakfasts were delicious, rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff very accommodating, and the owner was a wonderfully gracious hostess and very informative, helpful, and flexible.
Tips: - Have good shoes (tennis shoes, hiking style sandals) for walking to and from town. Cabs from town up to the B&B should be 35 pesos - ask the price to the B&B before you get in the cab. Plan on walking in to town and hiking/or cabbing back - it's up on a hill. We had a great experience with the shuttle company Bajio Go for our entire group both from Leon and Queretaro airports. Kitchen at B&B is well stocked for cooking (you supply the food) and we were able to make a few meals which was great for family time and saving a few bucks.

We made some wonderful memories here, had a great trip, would definitely recommend it to friends, and will keep it in mind for a future trip to San Miguel.

Room Tip: Our only complaint with one of the rooms was the water for showering was not hot. It was solar heat...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JoeEH

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Upon arrival we were delighted with the beautiful tropical gardens in the courtyard of this casa on the hill. Our casita was spacious, comfortable and the interior was uplifting and colorful. We enjoyed an afternoon dip in the solar heated pool. Each morning we anticipated a new gourmet mexican breakfast. This itself was worth the stay. Our hosts were friendly, helpful, and accomodated our special dietary needs.
The location of the B&B, on a hill, made for beautiful views, with a comfortable scenic downhill walk to the center of town. Suggestion bring good walkiing shoes. We took a cab back up hill for less than $3.
San Miguel is a fun town, and we felt completely safe. We are so looking forward to returning to this town and Arcos Del Atascadero.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SFDan_11
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

I went with my Mom to the cooking school they have at this B&B and they are the most gracious hosts. The food is excellent, the yard is beautiful for hanging out and relaxing, the facility is comfortable and beautiful and the staff keeps the place extremely clean. It's within very comfortable walking distance to the center of town, while being just a few blocks up the hill it allows you the view of downtown from the balcony to enjoy fireworks....which seem to happen often with many celebrations as part of their culture.
Besides from the AWESOME cooking program they also offer bike vacations.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mindybjones
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

Cindy & I escaped for a 4 night girl-friends getaway to San Miguel de Allende. I found Arcos del Atascadero on the internet and loved the web site lay out, colors, and depiction of the B&B. I verified by reading reviews on Trip Advisor.

It is located by Los Arcos, up an incline from the city center. It is a bit of a walk, which we enjoyed most of the time. Wear sensible shoes (tennis) because the streets are cobblestones and can be slippery when wet. We took a taxi when it was rainy. The location affords a lovely panoramic view over the city, when you climb to the crow's nest atop the building.

Patricia and Roberto invited us to their family party when we arrived ! How is THAT for hospitality? They answered all of our many questions, and had reference information for us in the rooms. We saw all of the rooms(our room was Jazmin and our only suggestion would be to install brighter lights), and thoroughly enjoyed a 1/2 day special cooking class put on just for us, as we are both travel agents, and wanted to sample everything. The gardens are lush, and full of edibles such as citrus, passion fruit, hojo santa and guava. I would recommend people to partake in their 6 night Mexican Cooking Vacation.

I had a terrific massage in the specially designated massage studio...the only thing I didn't do was swim in the outdoor heated pool. The entire experience was excellent. I felt safe and secure, was treated with friendliness yet could lounge in the living area and gardens without interruptions. I will stay there again.

Tip: They currently use Pay Pal to accept credit card payments. I easily paid my deposit from home on Pay Pal, but while in Mexico, I ran into a brick wall with Pay Pal when I tried to pay the higher final bill. This was because I was not "a verified" user with Pay Pal. I had to call home, get my banking info, submit that to PP...to be told it would be 2-4 business days to verify. So, we ended up getting cash at an ATM to pay up. If you plan to use a credit card , be sure you are a verified user with Pay Pal before you travel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank panamaboutique
Ft Myers, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

A beautiful old mansion converted and remodeled into a B&B. The rooms are large with private baths and very tastefully decorated. The gourmet breakfasts with the owner were a source of great information about SMA.

We highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RFischer1399
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

This lovely B&B is quiet and relaxing yet within easy walking distance to the jardin. The meals are incredible and Patricia is the perfect hostess. As a solo traveler, I felt completely safe here. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I will always stay here when visiting San Miguel.

If you are interested in cooking classes, Patricia's ARE NOT to be missed. Her recipies are delicious - she covers the diversity of mexican cooking, as well as the history, interlaced with cooking phrases and stories. In addition, learning tricks from Inez and Maria was great fun. They were very patient with me as I kept making mistakes while learning to fry tortillia's.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeanpr
mountain view
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2008

I highly recommend this B&B. Spent a week in Vista room and the view is just spectacular. Very homey touch, felt like I spent a holiday with old friends. The place is very relaxing and the decor is fantastic. Breakfasts are healthy and varied. Cactus leaf juice is a must - try! Not to be missed.

• Liked — the breakfasts
  • Disliked — can't think of anything!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rondates