“A lovely place to stay”

Casa Carly
Alberta, Canada
“A lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was in San Miguel from April 22 - May 3 with a group of 21 students from Canada. It was a great place for the group: Very convenient to El Centro, buses went by frequently, cabs were very easy to hail from just outside the door. A very easy walk as well. The neighbourhood is a very traditional one with many small tiendas and other shops. Very safe feeling. The casitas are very clean, nicely decorated and have small kitchenettes (2 gas burners, a microwave, fridge, sink and coffeemaker). The grounds are very well kept and the central fountain is lovely to look at and hear. The group of students, 3 other instructors and I had breakfasts at Casa Carly as well as many suppers. Juana, the cook, is fabulous and managed my vegetarian diet very well. All of the staff are friendly and helpful. Carly is very helpful and has many connections in the city. I hope to get back to San Miguel and hopefully there will be a casita available at Casa Carly.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ehagell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed in Casa Carly last October and we had the best service ever. They really go beyond to satisfy their customers. The restaurant is awesome too. The chilaquiles were excellent and good quality and taste. Finally we forgot some clothes in the laundry nearby and they helped us getting it and sending it back to the U.S. I dont think any other hotel would do that !!

Highly recommended for a great experience in San Miguel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel O
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Casa Carly was comfortable, cozy, clean and very friendly. Conveniently located within walking distance of the main jardin.....this is a quiet and beautiful hotel. Meet San Miguel de Allende visitors from all over the world, take advantage of the fabulous breakfast restaurant---on site---Cafe Yenatu---and immerse yourself in all that Mexico's "number one city to visit" has to offer you. Thank you Carly and Jesus for making our stay most enjoyable.....we shall return!!! By the way, on the menu....the french toast is indeed "the best ever".

Room Tip: Reserve this hotel early......they are busy and their secret is out. ((nice and small.....only six...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I have stayed at Casa Carly myself and with groups I've led to San Miguel, probably about 6 weeks in past 9 years. The place is beautiful and well-kept and each time I go, there are new additions. The rooms are comfortable and well-decorated. There is a small restaurant that serves excellent food prepared by a local cook, just the right touch of authentic cooking. I plan to spend many more days there in the coming years.

Room Tip: you really can't pick a bad room
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Les L
changosauria, Owner at Casa Carly, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thanks! We love having groups stay with us. We are happy to arrange meals, transportation, classes, or anything that might help a guest or group fulfill their goals. The casitas can be set up in a way that accommodates singles, couples, families, student groups or a bunch of singles! Thanks again for writing a review, we love having your college groups join us, and I particularly love how supportive of the community your groups are.
Redmond, WA
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My husand and I recently returned from a 2 week trip to Mexico. While in San Miguel de Allende, we had the good fortune to have booked a casita at the wonderful Casa Carly, only a 10 minute walk from the center of town. Do you like color? Do you like being surrounded by beautiful plants and gardens and a fountain? This lovely group of casitas is a cool, quiet and lovely oasis from the work of being a tourist. We stayed in Casita #7 for 5 days and loved our place. Each casita is different and charming. Carly is a fine hostess and her staff is attentive, helpful, and always cheerful and nice. I must mention her breakfasts. You can eat in her lovely dining room or at one of the tables in the garden. The food is really good and fresh. We love Casa Carly and will recommend it to anyone looking for a unique and beautiful place to stay in San Miguel de Allende. We stayed at 4 different hotels duirng our trip and Casa Carly was the best. Special thanks to Jesus who helped us arrange our bus trip to Puerto Vallarta.

Room Tip: All the casitas are great - we were in Casita #7 which was very quiet and had a nice terrace.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
changosauria, Owner at Casa Carly, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thanks for writing a review here in this format! We changed our name from Casa Crayola to Casa Carly about three years ago, but we've so far been unsuccessful at changing our name on our tripadvisor account. It has been hard for guests to find us in this forum and write reviews. Thanks! We loved having you and look forward to your return in the future!
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We just got back from San Miguel having stayed at what is now called Casa Carly. We were in Casista #1 which backs up to the street so it may not have been as quiet as some of the others. However, it was spacious and had most everything we needed. Bring your own hair dryer as those are not provided. I will say that the bed was not all that comfortable but there are also 2 beds that serve as sofas in the living room that you can switch to. The breakfast which is not included is very good. There is a green smoothie drink that is awesome. Cookies are baked each day. Get those, they are the best! Staff is very sweet and helpful. Having been to SMA before, I feel that it is pretty centrally located for the walk. Not far to the Jardin, maybe 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Casista #1 backs up to the road. If you can get an interior one, it would be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Loved staying here! The rooms are large and colorful. The owner is a delightful human being who is American and was willing to share ideas about where to go and what to see while there. There is a small cafe on the premises but I did not eat there. I was able to walk where I needed to go. My friend was able to do a lot of fun things while I was in a conference. I checked in without problems other then the key was a small situation and perhaps has been updated. The room has a kitchen with the basics. Staff was always helpful. Starbucks is up the hill and was a great walk in the morning. There is a spa there which I did not get to visit but when I go back I will be there. Many classes at the spa. Life is a slow pace in San Miguel. My stay was in March 2009 and I could not get to that date.

Room Tip: The owner will assist you with this.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends