Just came back from 3 nights at the Marinaterra and was pleasantly surprised. I had received mixed reviews from my fellow divers who have stayed there. That being said, as is usual in Mexico, there is a problem with the credit card billing that may be a hassle to get resolved. We went as part of a group from our Dive Shop and the Hotel charged me on my card for the room even though it was already paid for. Other then that, the rooms are clean and spacious, well appointed, nice firm beds, great view of the marina. The breakfast buffett is not worth the price, go accross the street to the restuarnt/bar for breakfast...much better and certainly more economical.
All in all not a bad place. Just watch your bill and credit card, as you always should in Mexico. I recommend paying in advance through Orbitz or one of the others to avoid any hassles later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marinaterra Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of San Carlos, adjacent to Mexico’s largest natural marina and in front of TETAKAWI hill. Both the marina and Tetakawi hill gives us majestic views and stunning sunsets. We are 15 minutes from Guaymas Airport and a short 20-minute drive from Guaymas. San Carlos is 1 hour from Hermosillo, Sonora’s capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marinaterra Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marinaterra Hotel And Spa
- Marinaterra Hotel San Carlos
- Marinaterra Hotel Beach
- Marinaterra Resort Beach
- Marinaterra Hotel & Spa Mexico/San Carlos