Haven't stayed at every hotel in San Carlos, so I can't say this is the best. But it probably is. Remember, this isn't Vegas. For starters, the location on the marina is great, especially if you're going fishing or diving. There is a small adjoining plaza with a handful of shops and restaurants. The upper pool deck is awesome with comfortable bar and nice view. The dinner buffet at the hotel restaurant was great. Check-in was pleasant and easy. The room was a nice size and kitchen was clean. Ours faced the parking lot so I might request an ocean-view next time. Noise was not a big problem during our stay.
In summary, I would recommend this for resort-style comfort + marina access, less so for no-frills, budget-minded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marinaterra Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of San Carlos, adjacent to Mexico’s largest natural marina and in front of TETAKAWI hill. Both the marina and Tetakawi hill gives us majestic views and stunning sunsets. We are 15 minutes from Guaymas Airport and a short 20-minute drive from Guaymas. San Carlos is 1 hour from Hermosillo, Sonora’s capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Marinaterra Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marinaterra Hotel San Carlos
- Marinaterra Hotel And Spa
- Marinaterra Hotel Beach
- Marinaterra Resort Beach
- Marinaterra Hotel & Spa Mexico/San Carlos