We booked the Moorhouse well in advance as we would be travelling through Yorkshire and wanted somewhere to stop and take a break for two nights. Jane was really good at keeping in touch via email correspondance when we had queries and even let us stay in the nice room instead of the twin room as we were on a romantic break.
The rooms were clean, well decorated, fresh and gorgeous. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was well equipped and the shower had very good water pressure. Our room connected to a common room that was cosy with a fireplace, that was lit and warm, and a common tv with some books. The dining room was bright and pretty. We did not eat dinner there but the breakfast had a lovely selection and was cooked extremely well. Examples of offers were for example fresh pancakes, eggs to your liking and porridge. There was also a selection of fresh fruits and yogurts, cereals etc.
The only cons to our stay were that the kettle in the room was desperately in need of descaing and at times the rooms could be a little chilly.
A quick summary:
- lovely rooms with comfortable beds
- nice bath robes
- good water pressure
- nice atmosphere (ie. cosy)
- Jane was an absolute delight (we loved her)
- great food
- ample parking
- common rooms very cosy and nice
- nice products in bathroom
- slightly chilly
- kettle needs descaling
- tv in room small (didn't bother us, but could be a problem for you)
- creaky noises from house (we thought it was cosy)
Would strongly recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a short drive from Pateley Bridge, Ripon and Harrogate, is the Moorhouse, a traditional country lodge guest house B & B, which has hosted royal and celebrity visitors, among them the legendary Bing Crosby. There are 5 luxurious bedrooms, all with bathrooms, a comfortable sitting room, large dining room, a boot room with drying facilities and a private car park. Nestling in tranquil countryside, the house enjoys spectacular views of the moors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Moorhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moorhouse Kirkby Malzeard, Yorkshire