All reviews heaven and earth the river monkeys playing in the trees infinity pool every morning fire flies short drive rice paddies close to nature magical place the hustle and bustle our honeymoon a wonderful stay free shuttle jungle villa driver
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We stayed for two nights at Villa Awang Awang and Villa Beju and it was not long enough. We were all blown away by the wonderful views and the decor and layout of the villas - very traditional Balinese. When we first arrived we were greeted by the wonderful staff who catered for our every whim during our stay - nothing was too much trouble.
The food that was prepared was some of the best that we had in our 14 day stay in Bali.
We will be returning for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I have just returned from the Awang Awang Villa in Ubud. This Villa was absolutely delightful. The attention to detail and cleanliness was outstanding. The view amazing and the staff were fantastic. The gardens around the villa were a highlight for myself and the rural setting was an insight into the life of a local! Will definately be returning.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2010

close enough to ubud town to be easily reachable, yet one is in a remote, peaceful valley within an authentic 'living' village and padi fields. breakfast is great and the staff are extremely warm and inviting. design of units is excellent and set on edge of hill with maximum privacy and serene view.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Sadly, the romantic views on the internet do not convey the depressing dark rooms, hard beds, tired linen, smelly constantly blocked drains, lack of water and poor service.
This Villa sleeping 8 is by far the worst accommodation in this complex which boasts two other superb looking Villas.
The downstairs shower attachment is designed for a five yr old, adults can not stand under it, the mosquito nets were dusty and dirty. 8 of us spend 3 weeks here; 4 left early.

I understand that there are plans to increase capacity at Awang Awang; I implore the owners to spend a night in each of those rooms before putting paying guests in them.
Overall we found there was lack of attention to detail and poor service.The rental fee (for a luxury villa) is much too high for what was on offer. My fourth and worst stay in Bali. My 50th present indeed!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Mia040
anila1, Manager at Villa Awang Awang, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

The staff and I were very disappointed to read your review . I was particularly upset as we had been in constant e-mail contact before you arrived but you did not contact me until more than one week after your departure to air your complaints .I find it very surprising that you stayed for a whole month ( apart from 4 days in the middle when the villa was previously booked) without discussing any of your concerns with myself or our manager . We do not agree that the rooms are dark and depressing.Apart from one upstairs bedroom , all the bedrooms have floor to ceiling sliding glass doors along with other windows and are filled with natural light .The living areas are open to nature and sunlight .The four guests that you write left early told the staff they had to return to work and no mention was made of any dissatisfaction from their side
You may have liked to mention the hefty discount you received due to the length of stay or thank us for arranging alternative accommodation for you when you turned up one day too early to resume your stay . Perhaps you could also have acknowledged the staff member who had to start work two hours before their usual time in order to drive you to very early yoga classes.On more than one occasion you also borrowed the villa car , at no cost, to drive yourselves to class.One can only speculate as to the motive behind such a negative review.

Reviewed 20 August 2010

We were five women on a girls only holiday, leaving the husbands and kids at home we went looking for a little bit of magic in Ubud and we found it at Villa Awang awang.

This trip we wanted to be spoilt , feel a little special and surround ourselves with the energy and beauty that is Ubud.

When I first walked into the villa I just thought wow! it's exactly like the photos.

We spent five nights in the main villa which has four bedrooms, it is completely private and you can only see the other villa from the very edge of the infinity pool.

Three of the bedrooms have queen beds and these all have stunning views of the valley through big glass sliding doors. There is one twin room at the back and it is a little dark with no view except of the garden through the side windows.

We timed the drive into Ubud and it was exactly 10mins the days we drove into town, food at the villa was delicious, staff delightful, the whole experience was divine.

We looked for monkeys every day and had almost given up, but on our last night we saw them across the valley and they came back the next morning. We also saw fireflies in the garden at night and butterflies, dragonflies and colourful birds during the day.

The pool had sun all afternoon, I don't like cold water and often don't swim everyday when I'm in Ubud but the water was perfect, the pool is so gorgeous that it's hard to resist morning, noon or night!!

Villa Awang Awang is not a five star hotel with shiny glass, stainless steel and doors that shut out everything, so if that's what you are after stay away. This villa is so much more than that, it is the rare type of place you find that lets you truly experience the soul of Bali, it almost feels as though the villa grew where it stands, so solid and as beautiful as the valley it sits on.

I've been travelling to Ubud for close to thirty years and stayed in some amazing hotels, staying here is one of the best experiences I've had, we had a perfect five nights and feel grateful that we discovered this magical villa.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends