We stayed here last November when the place had just opened. A stroke of luck really that we found it, as it was the best place we stayed in (by far!) during out Laos trip. To be honest, we'd be hard pushed to name another place in South East Asia that comes close... Was it the lovely pool? The great rooms? The charming owners? The view? The place just has a vibe which means you do not want to leave. In fact, we had booked two nights but ended up forfeiting our deposit in the next place we had booked, as we did not want to leave Mandala Ou. To us, it felt like a backpackers' place for grown ups, and we mean that as a massive compliment! The bar is the perfect place for meeting others, making new friends and chatting with the staff; the fountain area is so inviting that we spent a day just hanging around reading, and the atmosphere is brilliant thanks to the wonderful owners. And yet is has all the comfort you could wish for, and is quiet and sophisticated.
* a short bike ride away from the main 'restaurants'; bikes are provided.
* very comfortable beds.
* good showers.
* delicious breakfast.
* very nice infinity pool.
* rooms either have their own 'balcony' or a very attractive and cosy attic space (open air) for relaxing in.
* good value.
* extremely helpful and friendly owners.
We could not recommend this place highly enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mandala Ou Resort! We are a small family run business with 10 individual bungalows - 6 with direct River View and 4 in our Fountain Garden. We offer you a personal, friendly service with amazing sunset views onto the Nam Ou river, jungle and mountains - enjoy our river side infinity pool, great Thai & Lao cuisine or a sun downer cocktail at the bar. All rooms are individually styled using local materials and ethnic soft furnishings, recycled glass bottles for windows, with the comfort of first class bedding and duvets. Each room comes equipped with free tea and coffee making facilities, safety deposit box, as well as wall radiator & hot water bottles for those cold nights. Welcome to the family and enjoy your stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mandala Ou Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.