Mulgrave Court Motor Inn
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
US$106
US$96
Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Room Service
Novotel Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)(Great Value!)
US$174
  • Bar/Lounge
US$121
US$88
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Cleanliness a problem, basic facilities that do not work, and other guests trying to enter the room! Was looking for a place to stay for the night in the area, did not expect to find stains and hair on the linen/blankets, carpets were stained and damp. Thought it was just my luck with the room given but after going through 3 bedrooms, same problem. Although the carpark was near empty, the alternative rooms offered were limited as the other rooms "had not been cleaned yet" despite it being 3pm. When trying to ask for a refund from Management, they were unhelpful and gave the standard answer of "no refunds within 48 hours", even though the room was arranged only a couple of hours prior. I dont expect too much for $100 p/n but I have stayed in camping cabins for a 1/4 of the price and have been happier. Not to mention the shock of my life when a man tried entering my room in the morning whilst I was in bed - the key given to him by reception. Do yourself a favour and go anywhere in the area but here, there are places within 5km that offer much better rooms, and service for only $10 difference. Thank me later!

Room Tip: There are none, unless your preference involves stains, hair, and traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Mijju
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I had to stay in the area due to personal reasons, so i booked this place given the price was reasonable and it was close to my destination. As walked in the room I was shocked to see how dirty it was, stains on carpet, stains on bed sheets hair on pillow cases. I asked for another room, which was in worst condition. After going through 3 rooms I did not want to stay there so I asked to for refund. Staff refused it and said no refunds with in 48hrs on booking time.

Room Tip: do not stay at this place
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sydrous
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I was attending an event at Sandown raceway, and after having several not so good experiences at nearby hotels / motels, a friend recommended the Mulgrave Court Motor Inn. and I am glad they did.

The hotel is located close to shops, and there is a pub across the road "The Vale", which has great value meals. Also it is walking distance to Sandown Raceway - which is great for anyone wanting to go there.

The Staff were great. I advised I would be checking in quite late, and they had no problem with that. The room itself was basic, but comfortable. The decor may be a bit dated, but the comfy bed more than made up for that.

There is plenty of parking available.

They are very reasonably priced, and at a time, when many local hotels inflate there prices (due to major events at Sandown), Mulgrave Motor Inn did not.

I will not hesitate in recommending them to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Kelli S
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Many people get confused when booking at the Mulgrave Court Motel which is actually located in Harcourt Ave, Springvale North (Mulgrave) The MULGRAVE MOTOR INN is the motel located at 605 Ferntree Gully Road, Glen Waverley.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Cookie032
Reviewed 20 January 2008

We made a brief visit to Melbourne to catch up with family and attend a wedding and wanted to stay somewhere nearby to Wheelers Hill (where my family was). The Mulgrave court inn was reasonably priced but never realized that there were many other good accommodation in the area which I could have used for a few dollars more. The Glen mall is just a short drive down the road. The Mulgrave Court Inn was old, dirty and crappy and our room faced the road so it was a very noisy, celandines of the place was poor the air-con did not work and the beds were very firm so we had a poor rest or sleep for the three nights. I save a few drug additics shooting themselves just out the motel.The poorly trained staff were made gross errors in just about everything and the services desk staff were openly rude to me after making mess of my account(may be because of my colour). Then manager tried to give me lecture on hotels and motels. In my years as a lead engineer for a leading Oil and gas operator and travelling the world on business this place is probably the worst I have seen. Simply we had a terrible stay will never visit this place again or recommend it to any body.

Over all if you are a back packer or traveler just wanting somewhere to sleep you could possibly use this place or sleep on apark bench. If you are traveling with your family or on holidays pay a few more dollars and go to somether place of quality and standard (will recommend the once in Ferntree gully road). If you are an Asian or colored you better avoid this hole the staff could re-evoke the experience of Apartheid time in Cape Town. I was surprised to find out some authority in Australia has rate this dump with 3 stars.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Vijay436