“Great Stay At The George Inn”

The George at Brailes
Ranked #1 of 1 Brailes B&B and Inns
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Great Stay At The George Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went to meet an old work friend at the George Inn as this was midway between our locations, what a find!! after reviewing on TripAdvisor and taking 80% of the positive reviews and ignoring the 20% of peoples reviews that you could never please we booked. Made to feel very welcome by all the pub team, because we had to leave early the following morning the landlord insistead the kitchen staff prepare us a breakfast that night to take with us the next morning. Huge beer garden at the back with kids play area, plentyof seating and immaculate lawns. rooms very clean, food great, and plenty of local ales to sample all very reasonabley priced, at £40 night B&B what a bargin, now want to return with my family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BonnerBurnett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight in our campervan, and did the 5 mile walk. Ate in the restaurant, and enjoyed a chilled pinot grigio, and steaming hot plate of steak and stilton pie and mash. Husband finished it off with sticky toffee pudding. Food very good. Friendly staff. Lovely garden.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley R
cubbington, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

All i can say is that jenny s (Newark) must be a very miserable and difficult person to please ( see previous comments) - so we're in the country and the pub won't be as big as the Witherspoons shes probably used to! Enough of her though....
I booked ahead having seen a country walk that starts/stops from around the pub. Friendly on the email, offering good advice but from the moment we were on site in the wonderful bar ( my gosh plenty of room) staff were friendly, inviting, helpful great Hook Norton ales, lovely Hogans cider - lots of choices where to sit the garden, covered outside area, bar and restaurant!!!!!! Great food - in fact the perfect Sunday day with a 5 mile walk. Could not have been better - we will be back to stay - too be honest if your mobile home is that big that you cant drive it under that arch then as a country boy - you're not really welcome on our country roads!!!! Enjoy the George - we will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori Johnston B
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I am gob smacked upon reading the review of the lady from Newark a posted a few days ago - I am equally as pleased to be able to report my own experience there, which was directly in contradiction to the report of Jenny S (Lady... from Newark) On our annual tour of the Cotswold's we decided to call in, what a great welcome, both from the staff and the locals. Its dog friendly and full of people of all ages.

The food was excellent, and whilst I was ordering food I overheard a friendly chef passing advice on from her mum to one of the locals (I was presume they were locals) on how to cook lamb rump steaks. Her enthusiasm for cooking food and her smile was infectious. I heard her say her mum was also working that evening (the source of her advice!!), I was not disappointed with how they cooked what I was served, the food was excellent, hot, well presented, flavorsome and plentiful. We could not have asked for better. My partner thouroughly enjoyed his meal as well.

The pub itself is great, its quite large, in fact the bar area is larger than other local pubs we have visited in the area, but its warm and friendly with a really nice atmosphere and buzz to it.

Well worth the visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah B
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

proper bar. lovely food and comfy rooms. can't say enough about The George.
genuine staff and friendly locals. flag stone floors, half beamed rooms, listed doors. charming throughout. open fires in the bar when the weather is not so pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nigel B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was at this Inn for barely 13 hours, but the friendly faces of the barmaid and the female boss were just what I needed at 9pm on a wet Easter Monday. I had a good night's sleep and a first class breakfast. so it would be good to return some other time and stay a while. Check out time is advertised as 10.30am, so I was a little surprised to be asked at 10.27am what time I was leaving! We shall however excuse that in view of the friendly welcome and, at £40 with a full English that included black pudding, it was great value

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Viborg, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at the George for a friend's birthday celebration weekend and were very pleasantly surprised both by the atmosphere and genuine olde world charm of the place and the speed at which we were welcomed as if we were locals and regular customers, rather than weekenders from Denmark. Everything from the open log fire in the bar to the terrace heaters in the outdoor smoking area, gave the impression of a genuine desire to provide comfort and warmth (literally & metaphorically) to all guests... this was also true of the attitude, friendliness and playful sense of humour displayed by all of the staff: it even resulted in my becoming friends on Facebook with both of our hosts, Vikki & Gary. The food was superb whether eating in the more formal surrounding of the dining room or in the bar. The only minor criticism I have was that we had only one key between us, which meant that I had to get help to enter our room after my girlfriend had retired and mistakenly locked the door. However, the door was soon opened by the staff when I mentioned it and it was a very small thing that did nothing to spoil a wonderful weekend. I will certainly be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brailes
Charingworth Manor
Mine Hill House
Mine Hill House
#22 of 39 in Banbury
The Old Kiln House Bed and Breakfast
The Old Kiln House Bed and Break...
#1 of 11 in Shipston-on-Stour
The Red Lion
The Red Lion
#1 of 2 in Long Compton

Been to The George at Brailes? Share your experiences!