“Cosy B & B”

The George at Brailes
Ranked #1 of 1 Brailes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Friendly staff and great hospitality. Slept very good and would recommend it for couples and overnight stay. Nice pub and great food and lovely garden. Nice and quiet location. Would go back anytime..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anpon

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Situated in a lovely little village this establishment is well worth a visit. Even if it is just to meet the Landlord it is worth doing. A real character. And he keeps an excellent cellar. Real ales in excellent condition, local Cider and Lager all on draught. The food is top quality, well presented and good value. My room was a little tired but it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The ensuite was spotless. I liked the George. I will go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went to meet an old work friend at the George Inn as this was midway between our locations, what a find!! after reviewing on TripAdvisor and taking 80% of the positive reviews and ignoring the 20% of peoples reviews that you could never please we booked. Made to feel very welcome by all the pub team, because we had to leave early the following morning the landlord insistead the kitchen staff prepare us a breakfast that night to take with us the next morning. Huge beer garden at the back with kids play area, plentyof seating and immaculate lawns. rooms very clean, food great, and plenty of local ales to sample all very reasonabley priced, at £40 night B&B what a bargin, now want to return with my family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BonnerBurnett
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed overnight in our campervan, and did the 5 mile walk. Ate in the restaurant, and enjoyed a chilled pinot grigio, and steaming hot plate of steak and stilton pie and mash. Husband finished it off with sticky toffee pudding. Food very good. Friendly staff. Lovely garden.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley R
Reviewed 4 May 2014

All i can say is that jenny s (Newark) must be a very miserable and difficult person to please ( see previous comments) - so we're in the country and the pub won't be as big as the Witherspoons shes probably used to! Enough of her though....
I booked ahead having seen a country walk that starts/stops from around the pub. Friendly on the email, offering good advice but from the moment we were on site in the wonderful bar ( my gosh plenty of room) staff were friendly, inviting, helpful great Hook Norton ales, lovely Hogans cider - lots of choices where to sit the garden, covered outside area, bar and restaurant!!!!!! Great food - in fact the perfect Sunday day with a 5 mile walk. Could not have been better - we will be back to stay - too be honest if your mobile home is that big that you cant drive it under that arch then as a country boy - you're not really welcome on our country roads!!!! Enjoy the George - we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori Johnston B
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I am gob smacked upon reading the review of the lady from Newark a posted a few days ago - I am equally as pleased to be able to report my own experience there, which was directly in contradiction to the report of Jenny S (Lady... from Newark) On our annual tour of the Cotswold's we decided to call in, what a great welcome, both from the staff and the locals. Its dog friendly and full of people of all ages.

The food was excellent, and whilst I was ordering food I overheard a friendly chef passing advice on from her mum to one of the locals (I was presume they were locals) on how to cook lamb rump steaks. Her enthusiasm for cooking food and her smile was infectious. I heard her say her mum was also working that evening (the source of her advice!!), I was not disappointed with how they cooked what I was served, the food was excellent, hot, well presented, flavorsome and plentiful. We could not have asked for better. My partner thouroughly enjoyed his meal as well.

The pub itself is great, its quite large, in fact the bar area is larger than other local pubs we have visited in the area, but its warm and friendly with a really nice atmosphere and buzz to it.

Well worth the visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

proper bar. lovely food and comfy rooms. can't say enough about The George.
genuine staff and friendly locals. flag stone floors, half beamed rooms, listed doors. charming throughout. open fires in the bar when the weather is not so pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nigel B

Been to The George at Brailes? Share your experiences!