My wife and I plus our dog enjoyed a stay at the Masons Arms for one night including dinner.
Made extremely welcome at reception and apparently received an upgraded room. Lovely colonial double bed, well furnished room with plenty of chairs and space. Bathroom just upgraded with excellent facilities including bath and separate shower cubicle. Whole place absolutely spotless.
Dinner in the bar (dogs not allowed in the restaurant) was excellent. Given a great table in an alcove that fitted us and the dog brilliantly. Food was delicious and plenty of it, sadly couldn't manage a pudding as well. Otter beer kept and served very well, really nice pint. Service was good and efficient. A very nice evening.
Breakfast was also excellent, again in the bar.
Overall excellent service with a smile, really clean and comfortable, good food and drink, plenty of parking and a delightful village and walk to the sea. I will be delighted if I can get back to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain's most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, The Masons Arms. This charming thatched Inn dates back to 1350 - a cider house turned country pub - and the men who cut the stone for Exeter Cathedral drank here, hence the name. With only a leisurely ten minute stroll to Branscombe Beach, The Masons Arms offers an ideal base to escape the stresses of modern life and enjoy the magical vista of sea, beaches and the spectacular walks offered by the ninety five miles of Devon and Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The authentic interiors ooze character with timber frames, low beamed ceilings, pine cladding, whitewashed walls and a huge roaring log fire. Our award winning Restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings. The Masons Arms kitchen brigade are dedicated to sourcing the very best of local Dartmoor produce. The cooking is classy yet simple, perfect for a special meal or relaxing Country lunch. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. The 21 bedrooms at the Masons Arms Branscombe, are cosy, stylish and inviting, blending comfort with character. The Masons Arms has been awarded a FOUR STAR rating under the Inn category by Quality in Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon