“Recent visits to The King's Arm s at Little Marlow”
Review of KINGS HEAD

KINGS HEAD
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THIS IS A DELIGHTFUL PUB WITH A WONDERFUL MENU OPENSEVEN DAYS A WEEK, AND SERVING SUNDAY ROAST FROM NOON UNTIL 7PM ON SUNDAYS, AND UNTIL 9.30PM OTHER EVENINGS.IT IS PERHAPS THE BEST SUNDAY ROAST WE HAVE EVER TASTED AND THE OTHER ITEMS WHICH ARE VARIED AND EXCELLENT ARE VERY REASONABLY PRICED. THERE IS A LARGE CHARMING GARDEN WITH OUTDOOR SEATING, AND A COVERED AREA ALSO FOR SMOKERS IF THEY WISH. THE FOOD IS FANTASTIC, FRESH AND IT IS LOCAL PRODUCE. THE STAFF ARE EXCEPTIONALLY PLEASANT AT ALL TIMES. WE CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE HIGHLY ENOUGHFOR PEOPLE OF ALL AGES, AND THE GARDEN IS GREAT FOR CHILDREN. THERE IS ALSO A FUNCTION ROOM SEPARATE FROM THE MAIN BUILDING FOR WEDDINGS AND FAMILY GET TOGETHERS, OR INDEED ANY EVENT. MARVELLOUS PUB, ALWAYS BUSY DAY AND EVENING BUT QUICK EFFICIENT SERVICE WITH A SMILE. THANK YOUKINGS HEAD AND SPECIAL THANKS TO THE CHEFS, PARTICULARLY MR. PETER BAKER WHO USED TO BE AT THE HAND AND FLOWERS IN MARLOW.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Recent visits to The King's Arm s at Little Marlow”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have called twice at The King's Arms in the last few days and have had excellent food and very good service . We use it for lunch on the way down to Kent from the Midlands and I cannot recommend the Pub highly enough . My only regret is that we do not live close enough to visit more regularly . It is exactly what a good English country pub should be . Keep up the good work !

• Visited July 2014

Marlow, United Kingdom
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We went to the Kings Head on a family day out and were let down by lacklustre service (to us and the tables eating around us) and food that was just plain rubbish, particularly for the price.

The (I presume) landlord and landlady and the one waitress we saw were friendly enough, got us (my partner and one year old) seated ok and we ordered at the bar (it's a "real" pub so we have no issue with that). The atmosphere in the pub is friendly despite being full of obvious locals.

Our soft drinks should have been the first sign all was not as it should be. Despite being served from a glass bottle my coke was warm, flat and the 2 ice cubes provided melted immediately. My partners OJ was the cheapest imaginable sort. Still, we were there, we wanted to have a nice family lunch, so we ordered from the long menu.

The duck pâté was revolting - fatty, bland and served with a cheaper than cheap white bread roll, half a greying gherkin (half!) and no chutney or relish as you'd normally get. My seafood and chips main (breaded scampi, fish goujons etc) were just about ok - barely cooked though and dubiously cool, how hard is it to make scampi and chips!? No peas or veg to accompany as you'd usually expect, and had to ask for tartare sauce. Other half's BBQ chicken/cheese/bacon mush (sorry, dish) was again just about edible, no veg served with it and very disappointing for the high price charged.

On the next table a woman had ordered something with roast veg which they complained to the waitress was vinegary and inedible, only to be told there's no vinegar in it, just oil and garlic. No apology, no offer of a fresh one. My only thought is that the veg must have been old/off giving a vinegary taste. All points to utter lack of skill taste or passion in the kitchen. And a brush-off shrug from the waitress implies these complaints are constant.

Overall the food, decor and atmosphere is incredibly dated and 80s; considering the price and location they could/should be doing so so much better. We won't be back.

1 Thank Glitterspy
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Great pub”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a really good pub with an excellent choice of real ales and some very good reasonably price pub food. The staff (and landlord) are all pleasant and helpful and I would recommend it to anyone. What a good pub should be.

• Visited May 2014
Marlow, United Kingdom
“A lovely afternoon in the garden!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went with our daughter, husband & grandchildren on a sunny, Sunday lunchtime! Sat in the lovely enclosed, child safe garden! Ordered a variety of food from roasts to scampi & chips! All came up piping hot, fresh & home cooked!!!! Children, aged 5 & 3 had a wonderful time exploring the garden! Excellent food, lovely staff (willing to split meals from regular menu for the children ). We will most definitely be back!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SueHazell
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“The wrong attitude”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My initial review was not accepted as it breached certain standards. In fact, all i had done was quote the language used by the waitress towards my wife using the first & last letter of certain words with a series of x's in between. So, with no hint of bad language or personal attacks I hope you will accept the following. We arrived at the pub at 11.25 & asked the lady behind the bar if they were serving food. The answer was YES. Said lady pointed us in direction of menu. We ordered drinks followed by food, from the menu & went to a table in the garden. At 11:50am my wife went to enquire as to if our sandwiches were on the way. She was told by a chap, standing next to previously mentioned lady, that they don't start serving until midday. My wife asked why that hadn't been mentioned when we ordered & he said our order would not be long! At 12:10pm a couple who had arrived some 20mins after us was served lunch!...........at this point even I am bored with this review. I was told, at 12:15pm by a "chef", barman & bar lady that the menu stated food from midday. When I asked why we were not told this at 11:25am my wife was basically abused with language & personal abuse not acceptable in trip advisor reviews. This used to be a lovely pub, run by great people with an emphasise on great service & quality food. The place is now so bad I wouldn't take my dog here for a bowl of water after a 2 hour walk. Such a shame.

Visited April 2014