“EXCELLENT”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clumber Park
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed at Clumber park hotel during August. we were made to feel very welcome our room was very spacious and very clean everything was lovely, also very peacefull and had a great nights sleep, The breakfast the next morning was delicious and there was plenty to choose from, our children loved how they could go and top up their drinks! nothing was too much trouble

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed in the Clumber Park hotel last week as I was over in the area on business for four days. I was advised prior to booking that the hotel was booked out on the Tuesday night so it meant I would have to find another hotel for this night. I was put on a standby list but a room never materialised.

First things first, this is not a hotel designed for business customers. The rates are quite expensive for someone who might arrive in late and leave early the next morning and is unable to avail of the hotels facilities. Also, rooms do not have free wi-fi which should is a must for every hotel these days. There is free wi-fi in the hotel lobby however.

The rooms themselves are quite nice but the executive room I stayed in was not as large as some executive rooms I have stayed in in the past – the only difference I noted between the executive room and the regular rooms (which I stayed in for the other nights of my stay) was that the exec room had a king size bed. Also, the bathrooms only have a shower/bath; a separate shower would have been nicer.

I had dinner in the hotel each night I stayed there as there is not much else in the local vicinity. There is a decent selection on the menu in the bar but the food is a little expensive. I did not eat in the hotel restaurant – being turned off by the request to wear smart casual clothing while in the restaurant. The breakfast is buffet style, with the usual food you would expect – selection of cereals, fruit and English breakfast.

The hotel has a good gym and spa/swimming pool. The gym is small but was not busy during my stay so I had full access to all gym equipment. The swimming pool is heated and there is also a Jacuzzi, hot tub, sauna and steam room, everything you would expect from a spa.

This is a good hotel but I felt it was let down by some of its staff, in particular the lady I dealt with at reception. My request to have my receipt split out to only show room price was denied, even though it is quite easily done as I have seen it performed in other hotels. Also, I felt more could have been done to try and accommodate me on the second night of my stay, rather than forcing me to find another hotel. However, all of the waiting staff I dealt with were pleasant and friendly.

In all, this is a nice but expensive hotel. I would recommend it to older couples looking for a relaxing trip away for a few days but not to business people.

1 Thank jor_lsf
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Arrived Saturday evening, check in smooth. We were given directions to our room, but it was quite hard to find, lots of corridors and as we weren't the only ones struggling, I knew it wasn't just us lacking in a sense of direction. Our room was supposedly executive and although I haven't seen the standard rooms, it really was quite a basic set up, but there is an iron, ironing board and hairdryer in the wardrobe. Bathroom clean and nicely decorated with lovely complimentary toiletries. We ate in the a la carte restaurant and the food was fantastic. Top tip - the cheese board is large, plenty for two. The beds are comfortable and the rooms quite, so you don't hear other people's toilets flushing (always a plus). Breakfast is self service with everything you could ask for fruit, cereal, yoghurt, toast, croissants, muffins, cooked breakfast, juice, tea and coffee. On to the spa, I had an Indian head massage, it was ok. The girls who work their seem nice, but I've had better. My friend really enjoyed her hot stone massage. Now the down side, there was a wedding on and we felt the staff were stretched a little thin, so getting drinks at the bar took a fair amount of time. The place is nicely decorated but a little worn in places. The spa is generally quite dark, especially the pool area, which flows into the jacuzzi so cool water. The hot tub outside is warm, but there was film around the edge. I'm sure it's all the lotions and potions people use, but it's not what you want to see and really put me off. All in all a nice trip and just across the road from Clumber Park, which is a lovely day out. I wouldn't expect top notch, but a nice break.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Good friendly staff. Nicola in the Normantinn Restaurant a joy! Place was clean and professional. Room good size and very clean and well maintained. Food at dinner excellent.Breakfast excellent. Staff attentive and when we said bit chilly in the conservatory in the morning went quickly and got heating. Executive room was £99 which included use of gym and spa. Defintely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a discount. I got £10 off.
1 Thank James O
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

I was staying in this Hotel with my family and friends for my wedding!

The room was ok, but when you know that a new married couple is staying at the Hotel you should at least send a card up to the room!

For ordering a dribk you need to bring a credit card as guarantee or pay directly cash! You are not able to charge the bill to the room! Even though they have an other credit card on the profile!

The service in the restaurant is not able to remember the simplest order! You get things you havent ordered in that form! But they want take it back and of course you get charged for it!

I wouldn't recomend thus hotel to any one and i would never go back to this place and stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank mjg81

Travellers are raving about these Clumber Park hotels

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My Wife and I stayed here a few days ago on 'Groupon'. We just used the Hotel as a base. Day 1 was a walk in Clumber Park and day 2 Bolsover Castle.

The Hotel is situated by a 'minor' main road but this wasn't a problem. plenty of car parking and presented well. The staff were very pleasant. The room was very good size, clean and with coffee/tea facilities. The furniture was a little old fashioned but no way tatty. The bathroom more modern. There was a flat screen TV on the wall and free internet. We didn't have a view from the windows, just over a roof. One window would not stop open and the other could not be locked as it would not go down far enough - minor gripe.

In the morning we had breakfast in the courtyard dining room - lovely place. Again friendly staff. Buffet style but no fried eggs just scrambled. Maybe a little more choice would improve, coffee machine rather than small pot as I like several cups! Warm croissants would have been nice rather than the cold ones supplied but all this is minor.

The onsite dining pub looked cosy but was a little expensive so we motored to The Dukeries Lodge at Edwinstowe where we had a chicken sizzler and pint for £5.99 (recommended).

I have given 4 stars because of the above small potential improvement. I would readily go again especially at Groupon rates!

I don't understand some of the more negative reviews here - things would have to be very different from our experience to get such comments

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I purchased a Groupon deal for my partners birthday expecting a decent stay (upgrade to executive room which was lovely !) however this was spoiled almost immediately by the young man in the Spa reception who was the single most rudest and ignorant person that I have had the misfortune to meet. I had to ask regards where the changing rooms were and sauna rooms etc all of which were met with a grunt ! He allowed me and my partner to enter separate changing rooms with one key card for the locker and then when I came back out (in a dressing gown) and asked him how we should proceed with separate lockers and one key he spoke to me like I was stupid saying that I needed another key card and just threw it across the counter !! Ironically three other people in the sauna were also commenting on how rude he was when I entered there and reading the reviews on here he seems to play a key part in peoples complaints ! (I wonder if any management read these reviews?) I felt that the food and drink were extortionately over priced for what was on offer and after paying almost £4 for a pint of beer we sat on the terrace/patio area to be met with the horrendous smell of drains/sewerage so had to sit back inside even though it was a nice afternoon. No beans on the full English menu ? and a hair embedded in my reformed/soggy scrambled eggs , the waiter was most apologetic however. The lady on reception was excellent and most attentive as were most of the serving staff , our waiter in the evening asked , when he delivered our main course , 'Would you like anything else' so my partner ordered another drink and I asked for Ketchup and Mayo. The drink arrived almost at the end of our main course and we had to remind him of the ketchup and mayo , both of which he brought after we had finished our food. What was the point in asking if we wanted anything else ??!! We have stayed at many B&B's through work and pleasure up and down the country and for price , experience and service this was very very disappointing to say the least. While walking through two hallways to our room which was next to the Spa entrance , the smell of sweaty feet was horrendous and very off putting to say the least (we were on our way to Lunch) Centre Parcs , while a little more expensive is well worth the extra in our opinion.

2 Thank PCD1974
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Acorn Lodge Guest House
Acorn Lodge Guest House
#2 of 3 in Worksop

Been to Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!