“Very good in parts”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clumber Park
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Very good in parts”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Been past this hotel many times but never stayed. Corporate Hub for my company made me give it a miss, but my stay was better than expected. Gym needs more equipment spa for the ladies looked popular;didn't do the pool. Room predictable 4 star, bar and public rooms warm and cosy. Making money
on diner and drinks but good service and pleasant staff. Not much competition round here but overall I give it a 4/5 for the discounted price my company paid. Will stay here again

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Leeds
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband, daughter and I shared a family room after a wedding.
The room wasn't ready when we arrived and was damp smelling and quite shabby. The location is lovely though and the room was very quiet.
I cannot comment on the spa as it is only open for children between 5 and 7pm. We were at a wedding at 4.30 and had a 13 year old with us, so were unable to use the spa facilities. We were very disappointed about that.
The wedding reception was lovely - the staff were extremely attentive and the food was excellent. However, the bar prices were scandalously expensive - it was a pretty sober reception...
When we arrived, we were told by reception staff that breakfast would be served between 8 and 10 the morning after the wedding. We were not allowed in the dining room until 9.30 am for breakfast so ended up with almost the entire wedding party crowded into reception waiting to be fed! It was much too late, especially for guests who had young children. Just think - we could have had an early swim instead... but of course there's no children in the pool until 5pm.

In summary, I would not stay overnight at the Clumber Park Hotel and Spa but I would happily have a teetotal wedding reception there.

Room Tip: I am unlikely to stay again.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Suzanne R
Collingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have just returned from a one night getaway to the Clumber Park Hotel. We were delighted with the experience. The executive room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was great and everything well equipped.The food in the courtyard hotel was delicious, well presented and the service was friendly and very good. We had a short spell in the spa which added to the experience and left us feeling very relaxed and feeling like we had had a longer break and spell away than we had actually had. The hotel is superbly located for a walk in the fantastic Clumber Park which we enjoyed after leaving the hotel. We would very happily stay again

Room Tip: The executive rooms are worth paying a little extra for.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
whitley bay
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My friends and I came for a 30th bday celebration in October, and had such an unenjoyable experience that we were duty bound to complain. We were offered a return break as a softener, and although reluctant, we decided to give it a second chance.
So glad we did! Huge improvements were noticed in every area,ranging from the food, spa facilities, treatments and especially bedrooms. So much so, we have decided to return again later this year. Well done clumber park for upping your game!

The whole weekend was topped off by a flat battery in the car park on a cold,dark, wet Sunday evening. The manager on duty at the time came wi a couple of other men workers,inc kitchen staff who must have been busy at the time getting ready for service. Between them they managed to start the car after a good half hour endeavours, inc 2or3jump starts which was a massive effort for them all. Thank you so much to this great team for a lovely stay and a much appreciated final effort to ensure our safe journey home!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank geordiek74
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This was the first time we stayed in this hotel although we pass it often and always thought it looked nice. This public areas of the hotel are very 'tired' and bathroom and bedroom were not as clean as they should have been. The food is average and the staff are far from attentive. This hotel does not warrant the prices that they charge, we stay in hotels often for both business and pleasure purposes and this does not compare favourably, we would definitely not stay again. It is near to Clumber Park and Sherwood forest which is great but there are other hotels close by which put this one to shame. I now wish I had taken photographs to share.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christina T

Travellers are raving about these Clumber Park hotels

Manchester
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I paid for a Pamper & Unwind overnight stay here. The room was spacious, clean, modern and comfortable - great hot water. The food was really good - fresh, modern and delicious. However I chose the hotel for the spa facilities and felt this was really oversold.

Basically the spa is a pool with a smallish sauna and steam room. There is also a small outdoor hot tub that seats four people. The spa was busy when we visited but there wasn't nearly enough relaxation space around the pool or in other areas. The treatments were good but I visited with my sister and we had to share a treatment room for our body scrub. (!) My sister and I found this hilarious but I imagine if you are not on such close terms with the people you are visiting with then it could be the height of humiliation!

Also I am *ahem* a larger lady - not so large that I have appeared in a Channel 5 documentary - but I am a size 20 and NOTHING fitted. Seriously. The robe that was provided was so small that it was tight on my arms and wouldn't meet across the front. The paper knickers for the treatment didn't fit - not even close - and the spa slippers must have been a size 11 and flapped around. Anyone who was larger than me would have seriously struggled to get on the treatment beds too. Again I found this quite funny but if you were on a romantic weekend then I can imagine it would be rather embarassing. I have had the temerity to take my flab to other spas but have never had this problem before so, seriously, how hard can it be to get bathrobes that preserve your dignity?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rubyhatespets
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my partner stayed overnight with the cosy clumber package. We were told our booking for our meal was fine and part of the package was a £25 supplement each for the meal (£50 total). So when ordering we ordered food to fit that budget. In the morning at the checkout desk we were then informed by the same member of staff who had previously said all the meal was sorted then said a mistake had happened and we have to pay the £50 for the meal. He made no real attempt to apologise. And needless to say me and my partner were outraged by this. Will not be staying here again and not recommending to others. In future make your offers crystal clear and make sure your staff don't mumble under their breath while talking to customers.

• Stayed February 2014
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Best Western Lion Hotel
Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham

Been to Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!