“Fanatsic Girly Overnight Spa - Brill!”

Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clumber Park
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fanatsic Girly Overnight Spa - Brill!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I organised an overnight spa stay for my sister's 50th birthday and seven other girls at Clumber Park Hotel, which was absolutely fantastic in every way. The short break was booked through spa breaks.com where we got an excellent and affordable deal. The journey from Nottingham was so easy and straightforward and upon arrival at the hotel, we were impressed with it's idyllic location (right across the road from Clumber Park).

All of us booked spa treatments at the New Leaf Spa located in the hotel and everything was so accessible. The staff were friendly, warm and accommodating and nothing was too much trouble when we arrived. They helped us with all of our balloons and party items for our rooms and tried (as much as possible), to keep our stay a secret from my sister who did not know anything about the whole event!

My sister arrived with her daughter under the pretence that she was booked in for a spa day only to find that her sisters, niece, daughter-in-law & sister-in-law were going to be there. The surprise was brilliant and there were lots of tears.

As part of our deal we were upgraded to executive rooms, which were lovely, warm and cosy and a three course meal where we were served by Holly, who demonstrated excellent customer service with her pleasant, kind, happy and warm demeanour and ensured that we had a great time. We were given a complimentary drink as it was my sister's 50th birthday too! Another staff member, Adele, was also very kind and helped make our stay an excellent one.

Well, the spa was fantastic! After our treatments some of us swam, went in the outdoor hot tub, whirlpool, sauna or steam room. The staff, took their time over each of our treatments and Catherine in particular gave one of my sister's an excellent pedicure.

The customer service throughout our stay was great and did not rush us to leave and all of our party agreed that they would definitely like to visit again!

Overall a brilliant, fun, relaxing overnight spa experience, which I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try to have an executive room as it has a fridge and lovely en suite bedroom.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
hull england
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Came to stay 22nd Feb for husbands birthday. Was really looking forward to it. Looks like a nice hotel from the front and reception area. Shame the room looked like a cheap out of date motel. Stayed for about 1 1/2 hours before checking out and moving to a much more luxurious hotel for just £10 more.
The disabled room was unbelievably noisy from every angle. Husband came out of the room to find a member of house keeping Sat on the floor outside the door! Unable to change rooms and so glad we were as we had a far better time elsewhere.
Refund was given promptly after declining to stay until 5pm to see if the noise had died down! (this would have left us with nowhere to go except to pick the children up from our parents and head back to hull!
I would recommend you check out other hotels first or be prepared for basic rooms. Overall very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank claire l

Travellers are raving about these Clumber Park hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for our 10 year anniversary - what a mistake that was!! We didn't get there till 9.30pm, wasn't expecting to use the spa as we were going to centre parcs spa the next day. We paid for a executive room which cost an extra £25. When I made a booking I stated 'we were looking forward to getting away from the hustle and bustle' hint hint don't put us near the road, I had read in other reviews that this could be a problem. We got room 20 which was about 25 meters from a busy noisey road, it wasn't until about midnight that we realised the traffic noise was going to be a problem, who wants to have the hassle of moving rooms at that time! Woke up at 2am by traffic from the road and then was woken up at 7 am by the noisy radiator next to the bed - sounded like someone was having a shower in our room, this persisted for another hour by which time I just wanted to get out of there.
The 'snacks' that were provided for the executive room were abit of a joke, nice crisps, nice water but then fanta or coke and two mars bars, not really executive.
The bath also had rust on it, not just a little either, should have been replaced.
There luxury toiletries were elemis which were nice as I am a big fan. The room itself was clean.
I gave all the above feedback on the hotels questionnaire and handed it into reception when we checked out, I waited a week for the hotel to contact me about our dissatisfaction with my stay but have heard nothing, they obviously aren't bothered.
So an occasion that should have been memorable is memorable for all the wrong reasons, think this has to be the wost nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, or see the room before you pay
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank karla h
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here overnight on my daughter's recommendation. I was travelling from Essex to the Pennines and this hotel is just about halfway. It's very accessible; just a couple of minutes along the A614 which adjoins the A1. It's opposite the National Trust Clumber Park and about 10 miles from Sherwood Forest. The hotel is a two story mansion house style of residence around a beautiful planted courtyard. There are two restaurants (each with its own well stocked bar) and an abundance of comfortably furnished seating areas replete with comfy armchairs and low tables. I was warmly welcomed and the staff everywhere were delightful. My room was well appointed and very cosy with very pleasant views over the courtyard. I had a delicious meal in the restaurant with the local lamb cooked to perfection followed by a board of cheeses that I'd never heard of. Breakfast was great with a range of choices apart from the full English. It's also a spa hotel with a pool and gym but I didn't use these facilities. My rating says it all and I have only one small gripe..it's a little pricey if you're a single traveller. A double room B&B is £125 during the week but single occupancy is only £10 less. However, even here I personally can't complain because when I booked they gave me a generous discount. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you're travelling alone try asking for a discount
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Been past this hotel many times but never stayed. Corporate Hub for my company made me give it a miss, but my stay was better than expected. Gym needs more equipment spa for the ladies looked popular;didn't do the pool. Room predictable 4 star, bar and public rooms warm and cosy. Making money
on diner and drinks but good service and pleasant staff. Not much competition round here but overall I give it a 4/5 for the discounted price my company paid. Will stay here again

• Stayed February 2014
Leeds
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband, daughter and I shared a family room after a wedding.
The room wasn't ready when we arrived and was damp smelling and quite shabby. The location is lovely though and the room was very quiet.
I cannot comment on the spa as it is only open for children between 5 and 7pm. We were at a wedding at 4.30 and had a 13 year old with us, so were unable to use the spa facilities. We were very disappointed about that.
The wedding reception was lovely - the staff were extremely attentive and the food was excellent. However, the bar prices were scandalously expensive - it was a pretty sober reception...
When we arrived, we were told by reception staff that breakfast would be served between 8 and 10 the morning after the wedding. We were not allowed in the dining room until 9.30 am for breakfast so ended up with almost the entire wedding party crowded into reception waiting to be fed! It was much too late, especially for guests who had young children. Just think - we could have had an early swim instead... but of course there's no children in the pool until 5pm.

In summary, I would not stay overnight at the Clumber Park Hotel and Spa but I would happily have a teetotal wedding reception there.

Room Tip: I am unlikely to stay again.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Suzanne R
Collingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have just returned from a one night getaway to the Clumber Park Hotel. We were delighted with the experience. The executive room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was great and everything well equipped.The food in the courtyard hotel was delicious, well presented and the service was friendly and very good. We had a short spell in the spa which added to the experience and left us feeling very relaxed and feeling like we had had a longer break and spell away than we had actually had. The hotel is superbly located for a walk in the fantastic Clumber Park which we enjoyed after leaving the hotel. We would very happily stay again

Room Tip: The executive rooms are worth paying a little extra for.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Eastwood Hall
Eastwood Hall
#1 of 1 in Eastwood

Been to Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!