Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa
US$212
US$204
Travelocity
1,229 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tubexecutive roomrobes and slipperssauna and steam roommain roadrelaxing staymy mumsherwood foresttea and coffeeweekend breakfull englishnormanton inncourtyard restaurantdiscovenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My partner booked us a Spa by Candlelight package, unfortunately we were left pretty disappointed. On arrival at around 4.30 we were allowed straight into to pool which we thought was great as we were early. The facilities were not great - pool, hot tub, steam and sauna - which you could find in any average gym, and the whole spa area and changing rooms were shabby and in need of serious upgrade.

Come 5pm the pool suddenly was overrun with playing and screaming children. I usually have no issue with children playing but we purchased a "romantic and relaxing experience suitable for couples" and until the children had to leave at 7pm romantic and relaxing it certainly was not.

The "by candlelight" refers to a few randomly placed tea lights in the bar area, the grazing board was 2 bits of bread and a couple of olives and tomatoes and the wine was undrinkable. Unfortunately the 2 hours of chaos ruined our whole experience and we left after our treatments (we upgraded to full body massage, which was mediocre).

The lady on reception was polite and welcoming,and the man behind the bar was friendly enough however this experience was far from romantic and relaxing, my partner was especially disappointed as this was booked as a surprise for me and a treat for the 2 of us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissEllibobs
Michael B, General Manager at Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the New Leaf Spa. I appreciate that the children’s swim times are 5pm until 7pm and this may have impacted on your time in the spa, we do try to please as many people as possible with these times. Since reading your review we have decided to change the name of this package as we do not wish to be misleading with the name. If you wish to discuss in more detail please feel free to contact me at any time.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for the second time and decided to return after spending our wedding night there in 2013. It's a lovely, unique hotel in the middle of the Sherwood Forest and it carries that theme throughout the spa. We were well looked after the day after our wedding and were supplied with a glass of Buck's Fizz in the hot tub outside (a lovely setting). I would highly recommend the bridal suite, it's so nice and not much extra than an executive room! The restaurant is very nice and staff were friendly. Everything is very clean and you're even supplied with robes and slippers for the spa. All in all, it's simply a very relaxing place to escape the stresses of normal life!

Room Tip: If you're looking for somewhere to stay on your wedding night, the bridal suite is well worth the slim increase in price!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

we called for a drinks a couple of times , to check out the hotel, and having been served drinks at the lower bar, we just 2 weeks later refused drinks at the same bar??
Also the refusal was not polite, so we just left , we could have gone to the other bar , but decided not tempt fate
we are a well dressed couple, not that that should make a difference
wouldn't book a room as feel we couldn't rely on the service
wish we had asked to see the manager now, as there may have been a plausible explanation,
however we left never to return, as we felt quite embarrassed at being refused service by some kid with no manners.
They also have a tv in the bar, which is quite annoying.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FOXY666_10
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked this stay months in advance as my partner and I were getting married nearby and the hotel seemed lovely online. Unfortunately we were very disappointed with our stay for a number of reasons:

1. I booked the most expensive room, the executive room as it was our wedding night and wanted the best. Needless to say that I was very disappointed to find that it was 2 single beds pushed together and appeared no different to my friends room which was a standard double.

2. At breakfast the following morning the food was lovely however I had to ask for a simple glass of water 3 times to 3 different waiters/waitresses before I received one.

3. Along with booking the room over 6 months before; I booked my new husband and I into the spa for a treatment the following morning as something to look forward to. I specifically asked for a couples hot stone massage together in the same room. I was reassured this booking was confirmed. You can imagine our disappointment when we arrived to the spa and were told that only my husband was on the list, although they could see that on our room they had booked for both of us. They told us to take a seat and they would sort it. We were then called through into separate rooms as we were told that we could not have one together as a couples massage room was not available. After the massage my husband then told me that he did not have any hot stones and had received a completely different massage to the one I had.

4. Finally on checking out of our room we were told that there was a £3-something bill to pay for a bottle of Budweiser bought at the bar at 6pm the previous evening. Obviously we were at our wedding at this time and had not actually checked into the hotel until 1am. Clearly somebody at the bar wasn't doing their job properly of checking the customer had given the correct room number.

Overall we were bitterly disappointed in the hotel we had specifically chosen for our wedding night. Needless to say we will not be recommending it to friends and family.

Room Tip: No point in paying extra for the executive as it's exactly the same as the standard double.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joss R
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Went along too Clumber park hotel for a spa day with 3 friends, Had a coffee on arrival very nice coffee, went to the reception we then give the key for lockers which had dressing gown/towel/slippers for us to use. Went to swinging pool /sauna/steam room/hot tub outside that was really nice due to weather Aswell ,There was shampoo /conditioner/shower gel in showers, had a treatment reflexology on my feet it was brill the lady was lovely , nearly went to sleep recommend it. Had afternoon tea out in the garden table all set up with white table covers and blue/white pottery , there was a lot of food sandwiches -cream / jam scones -section of cakes . All the staff where more than helpful keep asking if all was well which it was, would highly recommend this spa , will be going back sometime and have already told friends about it, you can take bikes out Aswell which would be nice to in Clumber park .

Room Tip: I think I would be more that happy to stay at the hotel, I was there only for the day it really nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Michael B, General Manager at Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you and your friends had such an enjoyable day at the New Leaf Spa. I will pass your kind comments onto your therapist and the rest of the spa team.
We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future, please feel free to contact our reservations department for the monthly spa offers or residential stays.
Many thanks,