“Pleasant stay in Pleasant Bay at The Mountain View Motel”

The Mountain View Motel & Cottages
Ranked #5 of 6 Pleasant Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Our one nite stay here was very nice. Nothing to complain about; the loveseat/table made
it feel homey; we were able to open the big window and get the fresh mountain air.

The setting felt very relaxed being surrounded by the moutains; it was a peaceful feeling esp.
after looking at so many "views" all day on the Cabot trail; everyone was very friendly and
the food in the restaurant was good except the chowder was a bit thin; tomato basil soup
was great and my husband had an interesting crabburger.

We like the Pleasant Bay area alot but unfortunately no sunset that nite. We would return
here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank islandgal64

Reviewed 15 September 2011

This is an older hotel that also has several cabins. I believe the owners must live on the property as there is a house next to the restaurant. Its located in a valley with views of 3 mountain tops and is actually before you get to the Pleasant Bay turn off. You check in at the restaurant and get your key and remotes for the TV when you check in. They have free wifi and satelite TV

It was very clean and welcoming of dogs, no extra charges for dogs and we had two retrievers.

The bed itself was a bit small but the bedding was nice. Some furnature seemed new and some old in the room. NO closet, just a few hooks to hang things in the room. No place to put suitcases other than on the chairs in the room.

The towels were small and thin and worn. They were nice and gave us a few extra towels the second day. Bathroom is very small but the fixtures good and the shower was clean and plenty of hot water.

AC window unit worked great.

You can get ice from the restaraunt.

There is lots of grass area behind the hotel to walk dogs, or if you have kids a place for them to play. The Tennis court has seen better days and is poor shape. The restaurant - we only had breakfast there and its very basic. Eggs and french toast. The coffee was not that great and I knew it wasn't when I saw an employee bringing Tim Hortons coffee in for the staff. The orange juice was not real, it was Tang or something mixed up. The staff is very nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flatcoatfun
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The Mountain View Motel is not the fanciest of accommodations in the Pleasant Bay area, but the price is reasonable and we spent a comfortable night there. The rooms are plain but clean and we heard no noise from the adjoining rooms. We had breakfast at the on-site restaurant. The restaurant and the menu are nothing special, but convenient for a quick meal.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OakPointers
Reviewed 29 August 2011

As the title states "awful". Worst cottage I have ever stayed in and will not be back. To start off with, when I booked the cottage I was told there were 2 bdrms and a pull out couch in the cabin that I chose. There were 2 bdrms all right...but no pull out couch...no couch of any kind. So they offered us a cot to compensate...however did not tell me that they charged me for the cot...until after I paid for the room. Bathroom was full of sow bugs or wood bugs..and when I say full of bugs...they were crawling up and down the walls...on the ceiling...all over the floor and in the towels (gross). When I complained about the bugs I was told that "it was the country and I had to get used to a few little bugs"..are you freaking kidding me. Bugs are fine...I can live with a bug here and there but I certainly don't want them sharing the toilet with me. There was no microwave...no barbecue...no fire pit...nothing for the kids to do...they were bored silly. We brought a cooler full of food..and could not cook it outside...had to use the stove...just like at home for free. Also had mold on the ceiling in the bathroom....so needless to say to closed the door to that room and used the bathroom next door in our friends cabin. I can honestly say that we will never be back and it is a shame because the people that work there are very friendly and helpful. The place is run down and needs a face lift for sure.

2  Thank w0190551
Reviewed 21 August 2011

This motel is old but sort of well maintained. Friendly staff, very good location, only mintes away from whale watching tours. It's not bad for staying over 1 night, however if you're looking some kind of high end or modern facilities, this is not the place.

1  Thank TIncident
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This Motel was exactly what we were looking for!
There is a beautiful mountain backdrop and it is located close to a whale watching site and some walking trails.

The staff are super friendly and the blueberry pie is a favorite of mine.

I make a point to stay here on every trip I make through the Cabot Trail.

2  Thank ENELRAD_MN
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stopped by this hotel when driving the Cabot Trail, as we were going whale watching in the area the next day. What first brought us in was the price, as it was about $30 per night cheaper than we were quoted at the Mid Trail Motel for a mountain view room. The accommodations were more than adequate, the rooms were clean, the beds very comfortable and the shower was great. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the tourism in the area. We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was good food at a good price. If we are in the area again we will defiantly be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Bay St. Lawrence
Cabot Trail Hostel
Cabot Trail Hostel
#1 of 1 in Pleasant Bay

Been to The Mountain View Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!