“Spectacular!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Pleasant Bay B&B and Inns
Sydney, Canada
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Over the holiday weekend, we took a family drive over the Cabot trail and stayed at this restaurant and motel. The view was amazing! We booked a cabin for the evening And had supper atbhe restaurant. The cabin was a great size, very relaxing and clean. The turkey dinner was delicious and a great price. The service was very friendly and attentive. We were never searching for our server and they were always making sure we had our coffees hot, which is great after a long day of driving. Overall the prices for the rooms and food are really good and the servers are very polite and friendly. I will definitely be recommending it to family amd friends venturing over the trail as well as returning ourselves the next time we are driving through.

• Stayed October 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Glasgow, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at the mountain view and had a fantastic experience. The staff were pleasant and knowledgable about the area. The food was fantastic. The view is spectacular. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Houston, TX
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Judging by the other reviews, other people had different experiences than my husband and I. We stayed in room 4 and the bed was firm around the edge but sunken in the middle. There is not a phone in the room. If you need anything like ice, you must walk to the restaurant and ask for it. The TV worked sporadically. My first experience of paying in full up front. And check out time of 10 is another first for us. The one positive comment is that it was clean. Just be aware that you are getting a bed and little else. Just check the condition of the bed!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Pleasant Bay hotels

Radolfzell am Bodensee, Germany
Reviewed 29 September 2013

It was difficult to find accomodation in that area so finally we decided to book here. It was nothing more than a average North American Motel: clean, the bed is okay, but don't expect any comfort. I have never experienced that you have to pay for coffee in a Motel. It's location is excellent but if you plan to visit the Western part of the Cabot Trail you could stay in Cheticamp and drive there, it is not to far. Especially if you plan to walk the Skyline trail you have to drive back from that Motel. Finally the price of nearly 100 CDN is to much in comparison to the B&B opportunities.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at the motel and found it great. The room was big, bed was extremely comfortable....had the best night sleep of the whole vacation. Price was reasonable.

the homemade soup in the restaurant was excellent and the chef salad was perfect. The only complaint I have is that they use the same pot for coffee and tea, so as a tea drinker, you can taste a bit of co fee in the tea. But otherwise - good value for your $$$.

(and as an added bonus - the cook who was wearing the headbands was really cute!!!)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

From my first visit to the Mountain View Motel, I was welcomed like family. My room was clean and spacious and my little dog was thirlled with her new domain. Our meals were fresh and home-cooked style. The servers were very knowledgable about the area and were extremely helpful with advice on where to go and what to do based on our preferences. Pleasant Bay was the absolute ideal location to hang our hat while we took day trips and travelled the highlands. One early evening we were able to see 21 moose and a family of bears rolling rocks on the side of the road to eat grubs. Beautiful trails are never far and just a hop skip and a jump down the road from the motel are whale watching tours. I know that when the leaves change colour, this will be the most beautiful place on earth. Already planning my next trip to Pleasant Bay and sharing with anyone who will listen what a wonderful time I had and if ever they get the chance they should go too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ends of the motel are quieter in the busy season.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I wasn't able to find the restaurant listed for this on the review list, so I will leave a comment here. I did not stay in the motel so I cannot comment on that.

My friend and I ate at this restaurant on our first night in Pleasant Bay. The place was completely empty, so we had no problem getting a table. Our server was quite slow given how empty the restaurant was. I ordered the hot turkey sandwich, and it was very obvious that the veggies were from a can, and the fries were cooked from frozen. The turkey and gravy were good though, and I made my chocolate milk last as long as possible for the high price and paltry amount that was given. My friend ordered the hamburger platter, and she said it was completely tasteless. She only finished it because we were both so hungry after a day of hiking.

We decided to try our luck with dessert when the waitress asked us if we wanted any, so I ordered the chocolate brownie from the list she told us. It wasn't terrible, but it was cold!!

When I got the bill....whoa! The brownie cost $7!! In total I paid almost $30 for my meal and it wasn't worth it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Cabot Trail Hostel
Cabot Trail Hostel
#1 of 1 in Pleasant Bay
Sea Breeze Cottages and Motel

Been to The Mountain View Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!