“Certainly a time to remember”
other travellers have booked this property
Book your stay at Cliff Waters today!
Inside the cottage at dusk View to the loft
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Book your stay at Cliff Waters today!
Inside the cottage at dusk
View to the loft
Cliff Waters Cottage at nightfall (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Front of Cliff Waters Cottage (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Privacy at it's best! (Chris MacFarlane Photography)
Red River Beach below Cliff Waters Cottage.  Queit, clean and secluded (Maurice Mylan Photography)
Evening sunset from living room window (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Cliff line below cottage (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Cottage sunset - view from deck.  A nice way to end the day (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Overlooking the beach offering ocean and river swimming. (Chris MacFarlane Photography)
The cottage is relaxed and comfortable.
The sunsets along the seacoast are exquisite.
Cliff Waters is central to the best scenery on the island.
Whale and ocean cruises depart several times daily.
Every turn along the road to Cliff Waters is beautiful.
For a memorable vacation stay at Cliff Waters Cottage
An abundance of wildlife resides nearby.
The view from the deck
The cottage is nestled on the cliffs away from all other houses
Even little people fall in love with the view
Early spring view from cottage deck
Pleasant Bay Beach
Take part in Canada Day celebrations
Pleasant Bay Harbour where you may enjoy whale tours daily
Enjoy the colourful boats at Pleasant Bay Harbour
Swim at Red River Beach, best spot on a hot day!
View out living room window on sunny day
Ocean views from both inside and out!
View of the mountains through the Cape Breton Highlands National Park.  Even cloudy days are great!
Approach to the cottage from the driveway (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Cottage nestled on 89 acres of oceanfront wilderness (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Wild Roses at the Cottage (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Distance of Cottage from gravel road (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Distance of cottage from road 2 (Guest Photo - Dan H)
View from living room window on a sunny breezy day. (Guest Photo - Dan H)
Cottage wildflowers (Guest Photo - Dan H)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 33 reviews

Reviews from our community

gemertj
Zeewolde, The Netherlands
“Certainly a time to remember”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at the Cliff Waters cottage. It is a clean, spacious and cosy cottage. There were lot´s of highlights, like the whale watching tour of Captain Mark, and the different trails through the Breton Highland Parc. Even though the weather was not always what we hoped for, the view from the cottage was always magnificent. One of the highlights was also the dinner at Niki´s house, together with her kids and grandma. Thanks for that.
Certainly a time to remember.

Date of stay: July 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the magnificent view
Liked least: none that I can think of
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NYC
Reviewed 1 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
1 Aug 2013
Thanks Bob,
It was great to meet you both. Hope to see you again down the road.
Niki

Reviewed 27 February 2013 for a stay in September 2011

Date of stay: September 2011
A romantic getaway
27 Feb 2013
You guys were great to be so open to doing some of the suggestions I put forth. There are so many fantastic things to do around here, and it's sad that many people come all this way, but are in such a rush to 'see' the Cabot Trail that they don't truly get to 'experience' it. That you took the time (and the effort) to go out to Pollett's Cove, and to also go way off the beaten track with me to pick wild blueberries and get some fresh veggies straight off the vine was absolutely terrific in my view. I'm happy to know that we were able to add to your experience, and that you have lasting memories. That means a lot to me - because that is exactly why we do what we do - we want to share this part of the world with you and others. And in turn we are fortunate enough to have enriched memories too that we can think back on. Thank you.
Pa.
Reviewed 26 February 2013 for a stay in July 2011

Date of stay: July 2011
Rugged travelers
26 Feb 2013
Thank you for your kind words. The pleasure was all ours in meeting you both. I often think back to the stories you shared with of us your life. My grandmother always tells me - strangers are only friends you haven't met yet. And in my life this has often held true. Thank you for visiting our part of the world and offering us your gift of friendship.
Niki
PA
Reviewed 18 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Date of stay: January 2013
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
18 Feb 2013
You guys were such troopers coming up here during a winter storm! And we were floored that you came all the way from PA to spend New Year's Eve at Cliff Waters. Thanks so much - you are definitely an inspiration to us in getting out and making the most of winter! Hope to see you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.