“Incredible Chowder!”

Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Midtrail Restaurant is located at the halfway point of the World Famous Cabot Trail and is a favorite spot for casual dining among travelers and locals alike. Lobster, Snow Crab, Mussels & Scallops are among the favorites on the menu with other tasty dishes that are sure to please. Domestic and imported beers are also available as well as a nice selection of local wines along with international varieties as well. Join us for some great food and amazing views of the sea on the Cabot Trail.
Westmount, Quebec, Canada
“Incredible Chowder!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I try to come to Pleasant Bay once a year around Thanksgiving to enjoy the foliage and the hiking. I always have a meal at the motel. The food is wonderful. Of all the restaurants I have eaten at during my trip to Nova Scotia I would have to say that the seafood chowder is the best I have ever tasted. It was creamy and full of seafood. Not watery like some places. I had the Haddock Dinner. It too was wonderful. The only thing I would have to complain about would be the veges. They appeared to be frozen. Maybe they were not and were just steamed to death. They just had the feel of being frozen.

The staff were really delightful and energetic. Food in general was really good. Nice atmosphere. Had it not been dark outside I would have a wonderful view of the ocean.

• Visited October 2013

Pictou, Canada
“Great hot food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

The food was fresh and hot and home cooked. We didn't have to wait very long it was quick. Just the perfect priced and taste food I like to eat .

Visited July 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Chowder!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Had an opportunity to sample several bowls of seafood chowder over the last 2 weeks.

My opinion is this was the best (after a little salt and pepper).

The bowl of chowder is like a meal in itself. Crammed full with a variety of seafood.

Also had the poutine and mozza sticks. Both good although not huge portions.

• Visited August 2013
Bridgewater, Canada
“Very nice resort-like Motel, and Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

The views are outstanding, the grounds well kept with volleyball net, horseshoe pit, fire pit, a short walk to a beach and a small fishing boat harbour all within a few minutes walk. I had the Halibut dinner and they had to use two plates to deliver it one with the fish and some veggies, and another with veggies, baked potatoe, cole slaw and tartar sauce. Only the cole slaw was not homemade.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“home away from home”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

This restaurant is very reasonably priced and the food is more like a home cooked meal. We had breakfast there twice and both times I was not disappointed. We had dinner once where I feasted on crab legs, which were very fresh. Everyone there seemed to work extremely hard and long hours, to the point where I thought our breakfast server needed a day off because she was the one that served us dinner the night before and she looked extremely exhausted.

Visited August 2013