The Creggans Inn
Portsonachan Hotel(Portsonachan)
Taychreggan Hotel(Kilchrenan)
Lochgair Hotel(Lochgilphead)
View Hotel
All reviewsloch fynescallopsresidents loungedining roomloch viewcullen skinkupstairs loungepicture windowsea basssteak piefantastic viewsreal alelovely roomlocal produceblack puddingstayed for two nightslovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed with a touring group of nine cars and had booked the Creggans Inn after we did a trial run and stayed there last year. When we arrived we were all given comfortable rooms. After a long drive it was good to outside on the terrace watch the sun go down overlooking the loch, a perfect evening. Dinner was very enjoyable and breakfast plentiful.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms overlooking the loch are superb.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pandlwebb
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I had just returned hungry from a long walk round Benmore Botanical Gardens near Dunoon. We decided to pop into the Creggans for lunch as we had heard good reports about this establishment. We found the bar a most uncomfortable place to sit. Our order for drinks was taken quickly by a very pleasant young lady. My wife ordered Venison sausages with Bubble and Squeak and I Haddock and Chips. After waiting about twenty minutes our food arrived. My wife enjoyed her dish however the Bubble and Squeak was not as described on the menu. My Fish and Chips was made up of a chunk of poor quality Haddock (although it did not taste like fresh Haddock) wrapped in a crunchy outside but soggy inside batter served with poor chips and yeeugh! Mushy Peas. This was our first and last meal in this hotel which describes itself as the "Famous" Creggans Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dragon247
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Overlooks Loch Fyne and we were lucky enough to stay during a warm Springtime spell, so it was glorious sitting out front in the evening with a cool beer, looking out over the water - all our troubles melted away!

The rooms are refurbished, well fitted and clean, but the stairs are steep and would not suit the elderly or infirm. We found a back staircase with 2 half landings a little easier to negotiate - although not much.

The proprietors and staff are welcoming and attentive and the food is acceptable. A very pleasant, but short stay and we would certainly go there again if the opportunity arises. .

Room Tip: No double glazing and rooms towards the front of the building overlook the main road and could be potentially noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lancerlot
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This was an excelent break especially as we had a room with a view over the Loch. The food was excelent as was the staff. However, I would coment that my pillows were rather lumpy, there was no shaving mirror for those with poor eye sight and my wife stated that the hair dryer was not powerfull enough.

Room Tip: You must ask for a room with a Loch view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here last weekend (Saturday & Sunday night). We had room 23 on the third floor. Very comfortable with lovely views over Loch Fyne. Also good bathroom with lots of hot water. Plus free wifi.
Overall we had a great time. All the public rooms were warm and comfortable. Really good food - we ate in the bistro - and excellent real ale. Breakfast was also very good with a good buffet and hot breakfast.
I can not find a fault. We have stayed here before and think that the hotel is getting better and better. Well done to the friendly staff and mine host.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple