“You can't beat the View!!!!!”
Review of Misiones del Cabo

Misiones del Cabo
Ranked #46 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Willow Ak.
“You can't beat the View!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stay at this wonderful place for 10 days and just love it!!!
It's a quiet resort with two nice pools and the best viws in Cabo bar none! You overlook the Golden Beach, the Arch and all of downtown. There is a surfer beach out front and a swimming beach on the back of the place. They have a nice little Pool bar that serves food and great drinks and a small store for things you need. It's near downtown and they even have a shuttle bus that goes downtown and back a few times a day
Will be back again and again!!!!!

Room Tip: Upper floors have the best view!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank winterparkcabins

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Within an hour of arriving I fell on a poorly maintained (very slippery) concrete ramp on the property and cut/scrapped up the entire right side of my face and had scrapes on my arm and leg. The desk manager admitted that the area should have been "roped off" and provided some medical supplies to clean my wounds and had my glasses repaired so they were at least wearable the rest of the week. When I checked out the manager promised to follow up with me regarding permanently fixing/replacing my glasses - over a week later and I have not heard a thing!
While we were staying there was also a lot of maintenance going on in the front of the property. Almost every day some area was roped off with "police tape" that you had to navigate around.
Beyond that, rooms were a little dated, but okay (good size, nice view). Very nice view overall of the property - although there was a large amount of construction going on between the resort and one side of the hotel that faces the water.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EROhio
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 December 2010

The view when I woke up in the morning was ideal. Lounging on the futon and gazing at the serenity of the waves were two of my favorite things--both of these were on the patio. By far, the best vacation I have been on! This resort is fit for almost anybody.Even in December, the weather was perfect--average of 86 during the day and about high 60s during the night. Also, the front desk staff were very informative and always efficient. All accommodations were great and abundant. Personally I find it hard to sleep well in unfamiliar places--but in Cabo I slept 10 hours a night for a week straight because the super comfortable bed. And I didn't even mention the private beach, which is great for snorkeling. I definitely recommend this condo to anyone looking for a memorable vacation. We rented our place from www.cabocondos4rent.com. Lori was very helpful in helping us!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We've stayed at Misiones for the past several years and we've always enjoyed it. The rooms are a bit dated, but it's a very good price for Cabo. We stayed in room 4209 rented from a private owner. The view from the balcony is awesome! You can see both the arch and the pool. The rooms are condo's so you can grocery shop and get what you need for meals.

The new pool (infinity) is very nice. It is now open with a bartender. His name is Ociel (likes to be called Ozzie). He's very nice and fun to talk with. He makes great guacomole and pico de gallo (very spicy).

We'll go back to Misiones. It's a quite place to stay about 15 minutes from downtown ($15 cab ride). Our passion is fishing. We fished 2 days on The El Budster. Very good fishing crew! We caught our limit in Dorado (8) each day and the 2nd day, we caught and released a pretty sailfish. We bring our vacu sealer and keep all the fish we catch. Bring a hard sided cooler - freeze the fish rock solid and it stays frozen for a good 10-12 hours (no ice allowed). Try it! We now have a freezer full of mahi mahi to last us till next year. :)

We also took our fish to Peacocks for dinner one night. VERY good atmosphere and great meal. Another great place to take your fish is Villa Serena (corridore). Very good food! And, open for breakfast.

We were also located within walking distance to the Sunset Mona Lesa - GREAT place to watch the sunset. Their pizza and wine lounge is very nice. Pizza is very good! The restaurant part - food was OK. But the view is killer.

One more thing -- we booked a sunset cruise on Cabo Blue. It was a beautiful catamaran and we were the only 4 people on it! It's not well known yet. The other catamarans, etc. were packed with people. So - check it out. The guys were great. We booked it from a desk in Walmark (just inside the entrance). We got it for $30 (no dinner) -- open bar. Very fun!

We just got home, and we're already ready to go back.

St. Louis Cabo Lovers

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank STLCabo
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2010

This was my first trip to Cabo and after reading some reviews on this site, I was not sure what to make of this place. From the first time I stepped into room and saw the view of the arch I knew we made the right choice.
Pros: Big rooms we had 9 people and all slept comfortable.
Pool facing habor with views of arch sunset was amazing.
two beaches one good for snorkeling other swiming or surfing.
free wifi at front desk.
close to supermarkets/costco/walmart
Cons: to get to town you need a rental car or taxi. or you can walk the half mile up to the bus stop.
only one bar open and no restaurant.
small kitchen area.
if you drop anything glass on the tile floor it will break.
lack of chairs by pool
Thats it.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tick0
Ridgewood, NJ
Reviewed 16 December 2009

If you are a first time traveler to Cabo San Lucas then you may not want to stay at Misiones. You probably want to stay on Medano Beach in a resort that is near the town.
That being said, Misiones may have the most spectacular view of the arch in Cabo.
We sat out on the balcony every night to watch the sun set and stare at the arch.
About 10 years ago we bought a timeshare at Misiones in the new building. Unfortunately Misiones ran into problems and only now are they finishing and furnishing the new part of the building. So, we had to stay in the old section. After reading all the reviews I was skeptical, but upon our arrival I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, but sparse and the furniture was over 10 years old but not horrible. We definitely felt comfortable sitting on the sofa and chairs. The bathroom needs some help. We only had housekeeping service twice so we had to hang up our towels to dry. There were no hooks in the bathroom to hang up the towels. The shower curtain was annoying. It was way too thin and flew into us when we showered. They gave us two tv's. One worked and had only 2 channels. The resort had no restaurant. The new pool is finished and really pretty. Pepe opened the bar and barbecue on the weekend. I heard this will become a regular occurrence now. Parking is tight but you you probably won't enjoy yourselves without renting a car.
I've just listed a ton of reasons not to stay at this resort. However, changes are being made. In the next few weeks they are supposed to be opening the new part of the building. If they can upgrade the amenities and offer some kind of restaurant, this could become a very nice place to stay. Although one beach on the south side is only for surfers Misiones does own a small stretch of that beach. They could fix it up for sunbathing and dunking. On the other side of the resort there is a swimming beach where people go to swim and snorkel. It's down a LONG flight of stairs at the bottom of the resort. There are a couple of beautiful swimming beaches very close to Misiones.
If you want to ask questions, just message me for more info. I'll be glad to go into more detail.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nan53
NJ
Reviewed 18 November 2009

Misiones was not the best place I have stayed at while on vacation. If you want a beach that you can swim on, do not stay here. The beach that is by the hotel is only for surfers. Most beaches in Cabo on not swimmable unless your hotel is on the Sea of Cortez. If you stay along the Pacific, you cannot swim. I learned this from many of the locals. The hotel needs major renovating. The pools were nice and the staff was great. However, the first room we were given did not have AC. We were moved to another room a few hours later. Definitely a nice layout....kitchen, living room, private bedroom, bathroom. Yet, the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom are very old looking. The rooms weren't very clean. There aren't any safes in the rooms. I had to ask for an iron, however, a gentleman brought an iron to my room with no ironing board. The TV in my room only had 2 channels. Taxis are also very expensive in Cabo. If you stay at Misiones, you have to take a taxi anywhere and everywhere. We decided to rent a car because it gets ridiculously expensive. The hotel has a small grocery store that doesn't sell much. There is an Italian restaurant up the hill from the hotel but that's it. You will be about 10 minutes from downtown so rent a car before getting to Mexico! I enjoyed my stay at Cabo but definitely will not stay at Misiones again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends