I will start by saying that the Capella is a very nice hotel. If you are hoping to find a deal or a low price, you will have to look elsewhere. The hotel caters to those that can afford high prices.
I stated in my original reservation that we would have 2 couples traveling together and that we would be celebrating wedding anniversaries and birthdays. We arrived to have margarita's in hand within a few minutes, which was a very nice touch. Our concierge showed us around the property and offered an upgrade to a larger room, however the cost did not justify making the move. For 2 people the Capella room was more than adequate. As mentioned previously, we were traveling with another couple, but they put our rooms on two different sides of the resort. It made it a bit frustrating to navigate the resort at night (as it is very dark with windy pathways and stairs). I also mentioned that we were celebrating various events, however, they only noted one birthday (very odd). However, they did provide a bottle of champagne for that event. The resort grounds are absolutely beautiful, very well maintained and the staff that you encounter is very courteous.
The restaurants are average at best. Don Manuels is overpriced and the food was mediocore. We all had fish and all agreed that it didn't have the flavor or taste to justify the cost. El Farron has a great concept (you pick your fish), but the time to get it served (over an hour) and the quality was not very good. We did take a cab to Esperanza for dinner and it was truly outstanding. I would recommend not eating at the resort.
As for the rooms, they are very large. The furniture, tile work and bathrooms are well appointed. I liked that fact that they brought 2 or 3 corona's and chips and salsa daily. However, the plunge pool was downright cold and unusable. It is not a private plunge pool or deck as advertised. Additionally, I found 2 cockroaches - one alive (that I killed) and a dead one. If I am going to pay around $750 a night, that is a huge blunder. We stayed 4 nights and the maids were only late one day. All of the rooms seem to have different features (our's had an outdoor fire place), but the other couple didn't have one. So if you are looking for something in particular, make sure you ask for it.
The pool area's are nice and the attendants try their best to keep you hooked up with water. However, we did have a specific incident at the pool that wasn't addressed by management. Again, for this level of hotel, to have poor follow-up is unacceptable.
My wife did have a day at the Spa and said it was wonderful.
Overall, I would rate this hotel as nice, but honestly not worth the price. They do their best to get it close, but not all the way. I think couple's would be better served to look at all the options in Cabo. it seems like Cabo is trying to target high-end travelers, but are struggling to get it perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico