We stayed at Capella Pedregal with six couples for a few 50th Birthday celebration's in our group. From the pick up at the airport to the return back to the airport I can't think of one thing that wasn't absolutely perfect!
The location is amazing and the room locations with views are out of this world plus leaving the breakaway door open to hear the ocean waves all night long was so relaxing. The infinity plunge pools (ask them to turn up the heat--they will!), the showers, two person tub, surround sound in room, lighting......I could go on and on how nice the room was at Capella. We had an Ocean View on the top floor which provided great sun to just sit out and relax on your own patio.
They have thought out all the little extras that make you feel like you are their only guest and royalty at that!! Honestly...you are greeted with a Margarita as soon as you pull through the tunnel and get out of your limo from the airport. Upon being escorted to your room you will find beer, chips, and guac as well as peanuts and tequilla!! The mini bar beverages are complimentary which is a bonus as most hotels charge ridiculous prices for this!
There wasn't one thing that we asked for that a staff person didn't smile and say..."yes...absolutely...sure...I will get that for you"! The staff remembers you name and are always smiling and just happy to be helping you have a great experience. We even asked some of the staff about everyone being so happy! They told us that it was a great place to work---how could it not be?! We were also told that as part of the staff orientation they actually stay at the hotel as a guest with their spouse/friend so they can experience what it is like to stay at the hotel. What a great idea...!
The hotel set up golf, kayaking, and a luxury boat cruise for us and it was absolutely fabulous! They work with very high quality vendors so our experiences were just amazing.
It is a super easy (&safe!) walk to town and they will even zip you through the tunnel if you don't feel like walking through it. Lots to do in town and fun restaurants near by although you really don't need to leave the resort because their food is fabulous. We ate (and drank!) at all the restaurants on property and had a fabulous experience at all of them.
As for the spa....Oh my gosh! Make sure you spend a day at the spa and enjoy all the features it has to offer. Given our seasoned traveling group, we all agreed that the spa was
by far the best spa any of us have ever been in! (That's saying a lot!!)
Although there were some families at Capella while we were there I am not sure this is a place I would have brought young kids. Only because it is such a relaxing environment although knowing Capella they would adore kids with open arms! I can't really comment on the services offered for children except I did see their kids pool which included child sized lounge chairs which were so adorable! The beach is NOT safe to swim in nor would I personally play with my kids even at the edge of the beach because the waves are big and dangerous.
Lastly, our group of 12 are very seasoned travels and none of us could think of another hotel around the world that offered the services, accomodations, location and just the extra that Capella offers. We can't wait to try one of the other Capella locations! Definitely worth the extra $$$ to stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico