The property was very beautiful and I loved the room - very spacious bed and bath and balcony with your own private soaking pool. It was nice that we had an "assistant" assigned to us before the trip to help us arrange outings. Typically we handle this ourselves and do not rely on the concierge; however, we were having difficulty with getting any responses made direct to tour companies. We got it together in the end, but response from the "assistant" was also spotty prior to our arrival. The property has three pools, but we spent all of our time by the pool near Don Manuel's restaurant/bar. Service was spotty out there as well - often had to flag down one of the guys to come serve us since they spent a lot of time chatting under the shade of the bar. The chipotle mango margarita is fabulous - need to find that receipe. We did not get a chance to book a spa appointment, but we did tour the spa and it looked absolutely fabulous. We did make it El Farallon for dinner. The restaurant has a beautiful/romantic view/feel and the food was good, but not fantastic and really too much to eat and quite expensive. I would have rather had more of a traditional menu then so many starters and extras with the added cost. Overall, this resort is really great - which is why I rated it "Excellent". My benchmark for ultimate luxury is the Four Seasons Maui, however, and Capella was just as expensive at the end of the day without the full level of service and luxury as my benchmark. We also spoke to a few people at the resort who also chose Capella based on TA rating and had also stayed at other places in Cabo and they felt it was overated based on their other experiences. So, I will probably try another resort, just to see, if I make it back to Cabo again. That being said, overall I thought Cabo was super expensive for Mexico (restaurants, transportation, hotel, etc.) albeit it is way nicer than the resorts in the Mexican Riviera, but not as nice as Hawaii. The location of Capella was also nice - you can walk into town. Cabo is very spread out. It is also really annoying that you can't get into the ocean at the hotel as the tide is too strong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico