“Sublime Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Sublime Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Capella Pedregal and cannot say enough about what an exceptional resort this is. The service was top-notch - no stone was left unturned. From the incredible breath taking view coming out of the tunnel to the hotel, to the afternoon guacamole and cervezas delivered to our room, to the turn down service each night to the polite manner and smiles and each and every staff person - it was bar-none the BEST resort we have ever visited (and we've been quite a few places around the world). I cannot say enough about this and would recommend it to anyone going to Cabo. Do NOT miss the spa. It's one of a kind and the best message I've ever had (not to mention being able to have access to the spa the entire day of my treatment). Even after reading all of the reviews on TripAdvisor I thought I was prepared for an exceptional experience but until I got there i realized i had no idea just HOW exceptional it actually was. Gracias to everyone at Capella Pedregal. You made our stay a memorable one.

1 Thank abmars
CapellaManagement, General Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear abmars
Thank you for choosing Capella Pedregal for your vacation and thank you for sharing all your wonderful comments with our Trip Advisor community. We are so pleased that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations.

Thank you as well for your special comments about our Auriga Spa. I am so pleased that you took full advantage of all the services and amenities.

We very much appreciate your support of our hotel and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back once again in the future.

John Volponi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Have you ever been to a nice wedding and had a good time and a few months later can't hardly remember any great part of it? Just a reminder before you get into the whole review. My wife and I are luxury travelers and now our 3 year old is a big part of our planning. We have been to some incredible resorts (Sandy Lane), 4 Seasons Paris, etc...

As Monte always does, I try to break down things into categories so you get the whole picture.

Room 4.3 stars: We got upgraded from a 2 bedroom to a 2 bedroom duplex with I believe the biggest pool they have on-site. Let's start with the good stuff. Absolutely loved the pool was heated throughout the stay (wife hates cold pools especially at night), kitchen was very well appointed and for the week we stayed had everything including spices, pots/pans, dish soap, etc. - very nice with a kid to have those things there. Really liked the wood ceilings and the cool patio with dining table for 6, a huge viking grill (with rotisserie spit!!!) and nice view.

The parts that don't make it 5 star: An old school coffee machine, paying 2K a night let's get on the Nespresso or Keurig bandwagon people, no one is pouring grinds anymore! The couch we had to sit on in the main room was terribly uncomfortable. You stay somewhere and you want to put your feet up and plop down this thing was stiff as a board. My wife is a foot surgeon and always make sure stuff is clean on the floors. She really thought the shower had a weird moth ball smell and the products were really terrible. No molten brown, no high end anything, just weird non-descript bottles they pour from huge jugs in house keeping.

Some of you at this point are thinking man is this guy picky, Molten Brown, idiot. However realize I'm paying top dollar expecting a top level resort. Read on if you like the finer things in life...

Housekeeping 3.8: We have never ever seen this before, they are in your place constantly. THEY LEFT OUR FRONT DOOR UNLOCKED/OPEN WHEN THEY LEFT THREE TIMES. I had to call the management and let them know that is no safe at all when we are gone. They have an alternate door near the laundry room they pop in/out of all the time and seriously they need to get this organized. If your bringing towels, people, products, etc... make it all one big swoop.

Kids Club 4.5: Little C really enjoyed her time there. I was really shocked when I dropped her the first day and the room is about as big as a shoebox. Literally 10 kids barely can sit in that place. We have been to kids clubs that are 2 levels with tons of things. However the teachers are very nice and they make cute pinatas, kites, sand castles, swimming, etc. If your kid is over 6 years old I'm not sure what they would do.

Resort 4.25: The Pools are awesome, 2 kid friendly pools and one huge adults only pool, all clean, heated and really nice variety even for a week. I was a little taken back after looking at the pricing for activities (walk on the beach: 30 bucks, 40 dollars for Tennis for an hour). I mean they barely told anyone about these things unless you asked for it. I just think if your paying to dollar 20-25 bucks makes sense. 30-40 bucks makes people not want to come. The bar don m. has live music for an hour every night. Do they tell you that? NOPE. I mean the management should really want you to come for a couple hours, but its terribly boring if its only one hour. The Tuesday manager reception was nice but again really boring. Bring some outside vendors, do something fun!

Food 4: Breakfast was nice, great juice bar, and nice selection. Make sure if you actually like Mexican food and spice you tell them directly. Took me till day 3 to realize they make it for everyone regardless if it says huevos rancheros. Ask them to spice it up "make it like you like to eat it". Then the spice and food got better. 27 dollars for 3 small hand-size quesodillas from from the room service menu? I don't mind blowing money, but that was the smallest thing I've ever seen. The drinks everywhere were normal at best. Maybe the watermelon jalepeno drink stood out above the rest. Make sure to get the Churros everyday that was outstanding!

*** I did not want to be that guy to post this, but in the beach bar restaurant I have pictures of about 15 dead flies by our table. I asked the staff quietly to clean it up and they looked surprised. My daughter kept saying dead bugs by that place all week. It was 11:30 so they need to spot check everything from the night before. - GM want pictures email me directly!

Spa 4: The treatments were very good, but the men's side of the steam, sauna, etc. was really small even 2-3 guys walking around made it uncomfortable. No nice products there again. Was fine, but nothing memorable.

Overall we had a nice vacation, spent about 16K for a week and came back relaxed. I'm one to spend because we work hard and we love our time with our child. However, it must hit a few categories out of the park for me to return. Capella Adios Amigo!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank MonteChicago
Dear MonteChicago,
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to Capella Pedregal. We appreciate your comments both positive as well as those areas where you felt that we fell short. I apologize that all was not as perfect with your visit as you would have liked. I have taken the time to review all your comments with the various departments cited, so that we can all work to ensure that every stay is perfect and free of defects and meets the expectations of our guests.

I do hope that you will consider us in the future so that we can show you that these shortfalls in your experience were more the exception than the norm.

Thank you once again for your comments and suggestions.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

If you want a excellent stay in Cabo San Lucas stay here, the grounds are fantastic and the rooms are off the hook,one of the best hotels around!! food was excellent and the service from the staff top notch you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just get the standard suite its 1400 square feet and is amazing!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jettset99
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review and comments about your recent visit to Capella Pedregal. We very much appreciate your high praise for our resort and for our staff.

On behalf of the entire team, best wishes for a wonderful New Year. We look forward to welcoming you back once again in 2014!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I had heard such great things about Capella Pedregal and we were not disappointed . All the reviews that rave about the resort and the staff are 100% true. I especially want to thank Germain at the front desk. He helped to resolve a mix up between the hotel's Personal Assistant department and American Express Concierge. He is incredibly personable and also provided a great list of restaurants for us to visit. Thank you again Germain for helping to make our stay that much more incredible.

If you are an AMEX platinum card holder, be sure to take advantage of their benefits through the Fine Hotel and Resorts program. They offer a 4th night free, $100 resort credit, early check-in, late check-out, a room upgrade (if available) and free breakfast for 2 each day of your stay (Don Manuel's was fabulous!)

If you enjoy the level of service that The Four Seasons Wailea (Maui) maintains then you will be very pleased with Capella. We hope to be back next year!

Room Tip: I would avoid the rooms that overlook the main pool (Don Manuel's) as it could be a little loud...
1 Thank sfschoolteacher
Dear sfschollteacher,

Thank you for posting your review after your recent visit to Capella Pedregal. I am so pleased that Germain was able to assist you with your problem and that he was able to make your visit extra special and memorable. Thank you as well for recommending the Fine Hotels and Resort program, we have enjoyed our successful partnership with them along with the many guests that they have sent to our property.

Thank you for your visit, we look forward to welcoming you back once again next year.

Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

My new husband and I visited Capella for our honeymoon in Dec. 2013. We spent hours trying to choose the best resort and luckily we selected the absolute best one! Upon arrival in Cabo we were greeted by a very friendly transportation team driving a very nice Mercedes SUV. Our driver was funny, informative and had cold bottled water and a local candy waiting for us in the vehicle.

We spent 5 nights in a gorgeous room with a private plunge pool and private sandy beach with chaise lounge chairs. The mini fridge was stocked with complimentary beverages and refilled each AM. We had the most beautiful view and the room was very spacious. The decor was perfect! We felt like VIPs and Marisol, our personal assistant, went above and beyond to make our stay special. The day that we had our private beach dinner scheduled I ate or drank something that didn't sit well and with only 2 hours notice, Marisol rescheduled our beach dinner for later in our stay. It was absolutely magical!

Every meal was amazing! The sushi at the swim up bar was excellent and breakfast at Don Manuel's was like a dream. In room dining was also wonderful and never took more than 30 minutes to be delivered to our room. We actually loved hanging out in our room so much that we ate 2 dinners there! We had lunch one day at the Beach Club and found a new and different menu there full of more goodies to explore. Dinner at El Farallon was beyond compare too!

From happy and friendly employees to our outstanding personal assistant and the awesome whale watching from our lunch table, we were surprised at every turn. The whole experience exceeded all of our expectations.

I could write a novel about the spa, but one really must experience it. I have been to many spas and this place is the BEST!

We can't wait to return one day to this spectacular resort! It is by far the best resort either of us has ever had the opportunity to visit. It is the only place I have ever stayed where I left and felt that my experience was worth every penny. Counting down until our next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room above the Beach Club! Very quiet, private beach and spectacular sunsets!
1 Thank travelck
Dear travelck

Thank you for choosing to spend your honeymoon with us at Capella Pedregal. We are so pleased to learn that your visit was so special and memorable. Thank you for your kind recognition of Marisol, one of our Personal Assistants. I am so happy that she was so easily able to reschedule your beach dinner and that you were able to enjoy this very special set up and experience.

Congratulations and best wishes from all of us here at Capella. We look forward to welcoming you back once again for a future vacation or celebration.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Not sure if potential guest will utilize this site for this Ultra location.......

I had the pleasure to be invited for a 50th Birthday Celebration.

Our transportation driver started with his impeccable service to the property. Upon arrival we were greeted by the nicely dressed(no security uniform) Security officer, he introduced himself verified our names, then gave us a beverage option.....we then drove through a beautiful mountain tunnel.......as we pulled into the Valet area, a smiling team greeted us with delicious cocktails. The check-in was very rapid, no lines, amazing. We were each assigned an assistant that escorted us to our home(better than home)for the next 4 days...personal service.

The attention to their guest will exceed any standards you have, fresh chips, salsa & guacamole daily, accommodations exceptional, dining..just OMG.....an outstanding fresh juice bar during Brunch @ Don Manuels.....the cliff side restaurant..Ell Farallon(delicious) the kitchen is open and cut out the mountain....while you lounge at the fabulous pool area, the staff surprises you with fresh juice popsicles or a nice lil salad of cucumber and jicama with fresh lime juice, shot of a fresh margarita. We had many oooooo ahhh moments. The staff has every small detail covered.....you will beam with happiness.

You will not want to leave. My stay was during the Arctic blast, a few guest we met flights were cancelled, requiring them to stay minimum 3 additional days, their smiles glowed. We were green with envy.

I could write so much more about Capella Pedregal. You need to be there, I know you will enjoy your stay...

Capella Pedregal,
"Happiest Place on Earth for Adults"

10 Stars

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank wattscoffeehouse
Dear wattscoffeehouse
Thank you for your wonderful review. I think you covered just about every aspect of the property! We very much appreciate your enthusiasm and very kind comments about our hotel.

Thank you for recommending our hotel. We look forward to being able to welcome you back for another wonderful celebration.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Hi I really like to travel and I have been in almost all around the world, and this is one of my favorite hotels !! Is the combination of the excelent service, the place, the Food!! All the details at the rooms, the atmosfere, because You are not only a client, You are the most important person, and they are going to make You dont forget this time in all your life!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Arturogrande100
Thank you for taking the time share your comments about your experience after your visit to Capella Pedregal. We very much appreciate your high praise and recommending our hotel to our Trip Advisor readers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Pedregal in the very near future.