We just returned yesterday from our vacation at Capella, there to celebrate our 20th anniversary. This was our 3rd time to Cabo, first to stay at Capella. I echo what other reviewers have said about the property...it is simply fantastic and the service begins well before you set foot in the hotel when one of Capella's "Personal Assistants" contacts you weeks before arrival. Patrick was a superb personal assistant, and was helpful to us before and during our trip.
The hotel itself is beautiful and luxurious...not in a "Vegas" way, but in a truly over the top understated sort of way. It is meticulously maintained and it is obvious that excellent service is part of the hotel's culture at every level. The rooms are very well decorated and tasteful, and the beds were quite comfortable. You can use the plunge pools in each room at a pool or hot tub temp - just ask the front desk to adjust for you. The room amenities are top notch and the mini fridge is stocked with complimentary beverages. The staff went above and beyond in making our room look extra special our first night there - when we returned from dinner our room was decked out in rose petals and multiple candles - fantastic!
Our room came with complimentary breakfast each morning. This was definitely a perk as the breakfasts were top notch - both the menu and buffet (not your typical buffet - think made to order fresh juices, exotic fruits, house made granola & yogurt, and a variety of made to order hot specialties, etc). We also enjoyed the pool bar for lunch most days and that menu had a variety of very nice options. Food and drinks were top notch. A favorite drink at the pool was the cucumber jalapeno margarita. Lounge chairs & umbrellas were plentiful at the pool (we used the adult pool), and as expected, service was very attentive. Special touches included samples of different food/drink specialties offered throughout the day and complimentary iced down bottled water.
The spa is expensive, but worth the cost. Definitely arrive 45 minutes to an hour prior to your appointment to take advantage of the grotto area which includes a sauna, steam, ice room and whirpool, followed by your complimentary foot scrub. This doesn't sound like much but these treatments prior to your service are well worth your time.
Also, cabs and golf carts are readily available to take you to through the tunnel (golf cart) or into town. Most days we took the golf cart through to the tunnel and walked the short distance into town for dinner, etc. At the return, the golf cart took us from the gate back through the tunnel to the lobby area.
All in all, this was the perfect resort for our special occasion and we plan on returning for vacation to Capella soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico