“Dont fear the high price stories”

The Resort at Pedregal
Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We just stayed at Capella and we had a wonderful time. Yes, the place is pricy, but it is well worth it. I thought they might nickel and dime us on everything when we arrived but the opposite is true. We got free drinks, free afternoon snacks in our room, free water by the pool, a free foot rub, free wi-fi... the list goes on. Their attentiveness is undeniable. These people are just waiting to do something for you, and there are so many of them. Im sure they out number the guests. The atmosphere is quiet (even by the family pool area) and classy. It is not a place for the rowdy, young partier. The food was very good in all of the restaurants. I read reviews of El Farrallon before going and feared the bill but chose to eat there on our first night anyway. Our bill was $250 for four people, granted we didnt drink alcohol or have dessert but we had PLENTY of food. Come and enjoy!!! We will be back!!!

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lynn h
There are newer reviews for The Resort at Pedregal

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We just returned yesterday from our vacation at Capella, there to celebrate our 20th anniversary. This was our 3rd time to Cabo, first to stay at Capella. I echo what other reviewers have said about the property...it is simply fantastic and the service begins well before you set foot in the hotel when one of Capella's "Personal Assistants" contacts you weeks before arrival. Patrick was a superb personal assistant, and was helpful to us before and during our trip.

The hotel itself is beautiful and luxurious...not in a "Vegas" way, but in a truly over the top understated sort of way. It is meticulously maintained and it is obvious that excellent service is part of the hotel's culture at every level. The rooms are very well decorated and tasteful, and the beds were quite comfortable. You can use the plunge pools in each room at a pool or hot tub temp - just ask the front desk to adjust for you. The room amenities are top notch and the mini fridge is stocked with complimentary beverages. The staff went above and beyond in making our room look extra special our first night there - when we returned from dinner our room was decked out in rose petals and multiple candles - fantastic!

Our room came with complimentary breakfast each morning. This was definitely a perk as the breakfasts were top notch - both the menu and buffet (not your typical buffet - think made to order fresh juices, exotic fruits, house made granola & yogurt, and a variety of made to order hot specialties, etc). We also enjoyed the pool bar for lunch most days and that menu had a variety of very nice options. Food and drinks were top notch. A favorite drink at the pool was the cucumber jalapeno margarita. Lounge chairs & umbrellas were plentiful at the pool (we used the adult pool), and as expected, service was very attentive. Special touches included samples of different food/drink specialties offered throughout the day and complimentary iced down bottled water.

The spa is expensive, but worth the cost. Definitely arrive 45 minutes to an hour prior to your appointment to take advantage of the grotto area which includes a sauna, steam, ice room and whirpool, followed by your complimentary foot scrub. This doesn't sound like much but these treatments prior to your service are well worth your time.

Also, cabs and golf carts are readily available to take you to through the tunnel (golf cart) or into town. Most days we took the golf cart through to the tunnel and walked the short distance into town for dinner, etc. At the return, the golf cart took us from the gate back through the tunnel to the lobby area.

All in all, this was the perfect resort for our special occasion and we plan on returning for vacation to Capella soon.

Room Tip: Our room was in the "Vistamar" building on the 3rd floor, which is nicely central to the p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank texasgal4ever
Reviewed 6 May 2014

If you go, you have to try the risotto. I am not a risotto fan but believe me when I say Capella's risotto is great. The chef is a master of creating meals with interesting ingredients, varying textures and great flavor. Not inexpensive but worth a trip. Going thorough the flame lit tunnel to reach the restaurant is just the being of your great evening.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had been looking forward to this trip for some time....I have been to Cancun three times, at different resorts but always wanted to visit Cabo. It is defnitely private and the service is second to none, Marilyn was amazing, but I think we were very low maintenance guests.

The resort is stunning, and looks just like the website photos. The rooms are as described, although it would appear you can't sunbath on your terrace due to the thatched type roof (I have stayed in Cancun with open terraces, so was looking forward to this again being rooftop).

The spa is great, but you should spend a quality amount of time here, before and after your treatment, it was on the high side $900 USD for two massages (60min) and two facials (60 mins), but that is about right for high end resorts such as this. We arrived not long before, and left soon after - but would recommend a few hours either side, there are amazing facilities here.

El Farallón is a must for dinner, and is very good value for money at the resort. It is a beautiful view, second to none - one the of the most special nights we have had. We went into town a few times for dinner, and would recommend Los Tres Gallos, if you want real authentic and great food. Ediths if you want something a little more touristy....but fantastic.

Please note it does get a little windy here at times, but that seems fine with the heat from the sun, we had some stunning weather on our trip.

We chose a rooftop room - which had a description 'perfect for sun worship and stargazing' - the view was amazing but there is a thatched roof over the terrace, so you can't get a tan....so be aware if you are booking this. The point of us choosing a rooftop room was to sunbath by our room, so this was the only major disappointment.

We did query this once with the personal assistant line (not Marilyn as she was not available) - but they never came back to us, we loved the view, so we decided to not follow up on this.

Next time we'd like to try Pamilla One and Only, not because this was not perfect, it was - it's just someone who was staying at the resort recommended Pamilla as they have stayed at both, as it's a little less windy, and closer to Cabo airport.

Room Tip: We chose a rooftop room - which had a description 'perfect for sun worship and stargazing'...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank euro79
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have had the privilege of staying at many nice resorts over the years. This resort is hands-down my favorite. In my opinion it surpasses The One and Only. The rooms are beautifully appointed and thoughtfully designed. The decks are spectacular with full ocean views, comfortable furniture. All rooms have wonderful views, but if possible, get a room in one of the buildings that is set more forward. We were in building 3 and it was a perfect location.

Every wish was anticipated before I could even dream it. From pre-filled water in the coffee machine to the daily delivery of guacamole and coronas to the room. The service is perfect--efficient, friendly, but never intrusive. Anita--who showed us to our room--was so wonderful!

The food is outstanding--for every meal. There is no need to go off property--it would be hard to beat the quality of the food.

The spa experience is over-the-top. They ask that you arrive an hour before your appointment, and your REALLY want to do this so that you can enjoy the sauna, steam, and ice rooms--and also the pre-appointment foot bath.

Everything about this resort is exceptional. My absolute favorite!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a building that is closer to the ocean vs. being set back; A room on the 3rd or 4th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alberta121
CapellaManagement, Manager at The Resort at Pedregal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Alberta121,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. You have obviously spent a great deal of time traveling to a variety of nice hotels, so I very much appreciate that you have singled out our hotel for such high praise!

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your room view, the location, the food which is creating by our fabulous Chef´s to provide a culinary unique experience for you and all the special details that we provide to all of our guests, and perhaps more importantly that you found our service perfect--efficient, friendly, but never intrusive, Thank you for your special recognition of Anita, who showed you to your room, she was pleased to be part of your experience.

I am glad you truly had experienced our Auriga Spa, every single detail is created for you to enjoy a relaxed time.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on many more occasions here at home, in your favorite place in Cabo.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I just returned from my second visit to Capella. The place, service, food and setting is amazing. I've had the pleasure of visiting my places and i rate this a 10! They left no stone unturned. I enjoyed the quiet time and the 5 minute walk to the marina and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Joe C

Dear Joe C,

Thank you for being part of our Capella Pedregal Family.
We are glad we had the opportunity to assist you for your second visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a relaxing and quiet future time in Capella and Cabo!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I didn't want to go to Cabo because you can't swim in the ocean. I didn't need too. The pools at Capella are AMAZING! If I could duplicate that pool in my backyard I would. Enjoyed Capella immensely! The excellent reviews of the staff don't do it justice. You've never seen such a friendly and efficient staff! The grounds are immaculate. The facilities are extremely clean all day long. I'm a germaphobe and I was in heaven.
I took my family. The resort is somewhat divided. There is an adult side and more family friendly side. Well we never wanted for anything. We packed some sand toys for our son. Capella gave him a brand new play pack for the sand!! It's the little things with this place. They assign you and yours a personal assistant. We had Marilyn. I told her via email prior to our arrival that we were coming to celebrate our son turning one? She surprised us with the MOST DELICIOUS birthday cake on our first night! I could go on and on.
From the palate of the buildings and uniforms to the personal plunge pools in every suite, this place epitomizes relaxation! I went to tripadvisor to make my final decision and that is why I had to submit my own review. Believe the hype! You will enjoy it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Michael B

Dear Michael B,

Thank you very much for taking the time on this amazing note and thank you for share your experience with the Trip Advisor members.

I am very happy you and your family experienced a very unique stay at Capella Pedregal. It is great to know that every detail was appreciated by you. Your Personal Assistant Marilyn was more than happy to recognize the special 1 year birthday celebration for your son and all of us are looking forward to create more special moments for you! We are so pleased that we were able to surpass your expectations and that you and your family had a wonderful time.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit to Cabo.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo San Lucas
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to The Resort at Pedregal? Share your experiences!