Just returned from a four-night stay to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. Although we had read reviews and visited the website and had an idea of what to expect, those expectations are completely blown away from the moment you meet the staff at the airport for the arranged transportation to the resort.
I arrived an hour earlier than my girlfriend and the staff was happy to take my luggage and recommended a couple of places to relax in the shade while we waited for her arrival. Once she exited Customs/Immigration, we were promptly whisked away to the resort by our super-courteous driver, Luis. Within forty minutes we were at the majestic entrance of the Capella Pedregal, which leads to a tunnel carved into the mountain that leads to the ocean and the resort itself. The guard gets your name and your margarita preference...you can guess what's waiting for you as you exit the vehicle!
We were met by Alan, our Personal Assistant. It was great putting a face to the name and voice. Alan had contacted us prior to arrival to ensure that any requests such as activities, dinner reservations, room amenities, etc. were taken care of.
He escorted us to our oceanfront Casita and our jaws dropped again. A private pool (accessible from the patio, bedroom and tiled shower room!!), patio, firepit, sunning lounges, hammock on the beach...anything that you could possibly need and not to leave!
Our Casita was attended to by Gerardo, who took care of refreshing towels, moving umbrellas, setting up any food/beverage that needed to ordered, keeping our bottled water/wines/sodas iced at all times. He was extremely pleasant but also had the deft touch of knowing when we needed him and being completely unobtrusive when we were just relaxing.
We had dinner at El Farallon which is a MUST! Just like every facet of Capella, the food, drink, service and ambiance is perfect! You do not order off an ordinary menu but actually go over to a "fish monger" who displays and thoroughly explains the catch of the day and how it's going to be prepared. (We had dinner at other locations in Cabo San Lucas but would have been happy to stay here all weekend!!)
Check-out was a breeze. You receive your pre-bill in a cool leather "wallet" that is on your front door which gives you time to review it...once you're at the check-out desk, it's simply a signature and you're done...super efficient!
Everything at Capella Pedregal is first class but their staff is EXCEPTIONAL and that is what makes the difference!
We cannot wait to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your journey begins as you emerge from Dos mares Tunnel, carved through a solid mountain, to discover paradise. The Resort at Pedregal welcomes you with familial Mexican charm. The check-in desk, located below the azure blue sky, illustrates the endless possibilities. 96 rooms and suites, each with a private plunge pool with stunning ocean views, personal assistant service, fireplace, LCD television, iPod docking station and complimentary wireless internet, and complimentary refreshments allow you to rehydrate and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Pedregal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Pedregal Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- The Resort At Pedregal Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico