“wonderful”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Had a great meal with my wife Dec 30th lovely booth hidden away from other tables. Wonderful risotto and scallop appetizers. My wife has the sea bass and loved i enjoyed the short rib. A little pushy with the wine but oh well. The service overall was great I love when a restaurant scrapes your bread crumbs off your table. Classy and elegant in Cabo.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We went chris,as eve.. Besides a traditional Xmas ,e us they had a regular meby too. The service couldn't be more lovely and the setting is divine. The food was fear fresh fresh. Our apps were a highlight... Fresh watermelon with olive tepanade --- yum!!the tomato salad also a winner and wine first ate. Entree was good, not the best vet. My fish was a little over cooed. Dessert was a yummy selection. The service people couldn't have been warmer Nd more welcoming. Certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

From the moment we drove through the chandelier-lit mountain we were prepared for something magical....and we were not disappointed. Each one of us had a seasonal cocktail (each special and delicious) as we sat in the open air bar and watched the sunset. Service was attentive, but not overly bothersome. Live music, by an amazing duo on the electric harp and guitar, set the tone. Dinner was another selection of local and seasonal dishes.... again each one was perfectly described by our waiter and absolutely yummy. All in all... An amazing Cabo night!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

i cannot bad mouth Capella completely. We have stayed twice and I have sent friends who have loved it!!! It is better than One and Only and Esperanza and Las Ventanas, we have stayed at all and Capella wins!! We just returned from Cabo and though we did not stay at Capella we went to have the great breakfast at Don Manuels as we have before. Arriving exactly at our reservation time 10 am.. we proceeded to wait over 35 minutes while guests at the hotel without reservations were seated in a more timely fashion. Very disappointing to find out you are treated very different at their restaurants if you are not staying on property. All the very unhelpful hostesses would say when I complained was that the reservation center should have told you we were busy. My opinion is A reservation should NEVER make you wait over a half and hour. I would have left because I feel this is unacceptable but my 13 year old uses a wheelchair for long distances and it would have been a hassle.. just shocked because staying there you get treated very well I guess just being a diner does not count for much! Even though our bill was well over 200$.. that treatment does not add up!

2  Thank Micheletraveled
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Part of of activities on vacations is fine dining. Don Manuel's does not disappoint. Without going into detail they start by making sure everybody you come in contact knows your name. The setting is magnificent with the Pacific Ocean for your backdrop. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Presentation and preparation of the dishes was outstanding. Great wine list and excellent signature cocktails.