This was our fifth or sixth stay at the Solmar, although it has been three years since we've been.We don't own at Solmar, but we found experienced it on an exchange, we just keep going back. We were devastated to see the grand old lobby and main pool and dining/drinking palapa completely gone! You now check in at a little hole in the wall. All this to make way for the new Grand Solmar. What used to be the quieter secondary pool is now the main pool for the resort.
I am shocked that the owners of Solmar (Grand Solmar and Playa Grande) have gotten away with this. How could you tell someone who recently purchased at the original Solmar, "You know that great open are lobby leading to the great pool and ocean view?Well its being demolished to make room for a Grand esort that will make us more money. Have a nice day!" The Grand Solmar is very im pressive, but at what price?
We took the timeshare tour of Grand Solmar out of curiosity. It is well designed and has some incredible features; but we couldn't couldn't get the taste of what they were doing doing to our beloved Solmar out of our mouths. The presentation lasted way too long (alot of daudling and delay). Our guide David was pleasant enough. Once we determined that we were not ready to commit to a purchase, he surprised us by giving us his email on a page with some numbers to mull over and told us to email him before we left Mexico if we decided to buy. We were impressed enough we decided to discuss it over a couple cold ones at the pool bar. Then came the kill guy. David handed over and left. When we told the new dude (bald with white hair under the lower lip) we were going to take David up on his offer to think it over, everything changed. Not only were we told you buy now (exchanging other timeshare we own) or the deal is dead. He even refused to allow us to take the paper David had given us and promptly showed us the door. I wouldn't have purchased from that guy if he had cut the rate 75%. A resort that is supposed to be so upscale and unique, you shouldn't have to try so hard. I personally think they are desperate to sell off the units available to finance the remainder of the project.
Having unloaded all that, the original Solmar (even with the severe decapitation it has experienced) is still one of our favorites. We still had a great time at the pool bar and enjoying the beautiful views. The staff at Solmar continues to be one the most pleasant and helpful around. The pool bar staff are awesome, especially Gonzalo. We will return to enjoy what Solmar has to offer while it lasts and before they inevitably level it to expand the Grand Solmar. Next time, however, we will skip the freak show of a timeshare presentation and will just focus on all the good the Solmar has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico