My wife and I stayed here in late May and had an excellent time. Here's some highlights:
* Cheap: had a deal on living social and stayed for 4 days for $800 total. As it was an all-inclusive that meant free food and drinks all day. Also got 50% off of scuba diving through the promotion.
* Quality Resort: Room was great, we were upgraded to a luxury suite. The resort is definitely a little old, so some things didn't work quite as well as you would like (the room jacuzzi temperature wasn't hot, they had someone in to fix it the first day but couldn't get it to work. We didn't really care as we spent most of our time at the pool). The resort itself isn't enormous but has two pool areas and 3 bars and wasn't too busy during the week. Also, if you want to use the gym, their sister resort has a great one that is only a 3 minute shuttle ride away (and they run the shuttles non-stop).
* Awesome Food and drink: This was the biggest surprise for me, I didn't think the food would be that good of quality but it definitely was. Suggest the catch of the day for sure, also the nachos and shrimp tacos. And for drinks their pina coladas are great, otherwise I mostly drank beer.
* Pleasant staff: Everyone was very nice and attentive; we did notice that when the resort got busier during the weekend, the wait for drinks got a little longer but that's to be expected.
* Good location: only 15-20 minute walk from the pier and downtown Cabo
Only downside is the construction going on at their sister hotel nearby, but its not too loud and never bothered us. And its certainly not a resort like ME with parties going on non-stop, so wouldn't recommend to people looking for that type of experience.
I know we're looking forward to our next chance to visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico