We went as an RCI exchange to Solmar and were contacted before arriving in regards to room location. With the help of fellow Trip Advisors I was advised to try to change this location for an ocean view. The Solmar desk manager said not to worry that the room we were assigned was only for connecting with the contract and would not be the same room the contract stated. When we arrived we were shown the only two rooms available..the first was on the ground floor with a view of the sand grounds with aloe plants and no view. The second was a one bedroom "penthouse" suite as they call them, corner unit, two bathrooms, double entrance balcony with a stunning ocean view. We were also given the choice of going over to Playa Grande but no guarantee could be made where our room would be. The catch was we had to pay 30$ per night extra for this luxury (a normally 70$ upgrade but they were giving us a deal). We bit the bullet and paid for the upgrade of course. We did not choose All Inclusive as we like to be adventurous and sample the local fare although we did partake in the Mexican Fiesta night and it was very good. The AI would have cost us another 120$ a day for the two of us if we had chosen it.
Please be aware to just breeze through the airport to the OUTSIDE to your taxi, shuttle etc unless you plan to be eaten by timeshare presentation sharks lol This is something I was made aware of but really...I had no idea just how constant this pressure would be. We caved in at the resort to get a few excursions complimentary but if you only have a few days in Cabo just say no. Two days at 3 hours each was a lot of time out of our holiday but we did enjoy the whale watching ( breakfast included), back massage at Villa Arco and glass bottom taxi to Lover's Beach :)
The Solmar resort itself is lovely, small and quaint which is what we like when we travel to timeshare locations. These reasons are why we turned down the room at Play Grande..a bit too big for us. The room was cleaned daily and everyone is friendly and accommodating. Please take not if you drink the bottled water in the room they provide you will be charged. There is lots of availability for seating at the pool, the beach and the restaurants. There is a little construction noise in the background but it didn't bother us. It is a short 10-15 minute walk into the marina to shop, eat, hire charters or water taxis. All of these things are constantly offered to you by each local you pass so buff up on your "No Gracias"! We actually saw a guy with a T-shirt that said "no gracias" on the front and on the back in Spanish it said "I said No already!" Lol
It is very safe to eat and drink most everywhere but I always give my husband and myself a "Pepto Bismol" tablet every morning on all our vacations to coat the tummy so nothing sticks to make you runny! ;)
We had a lovely vacation at Solmar and hope to return again some day to see all the completed construction. Thank you to all the staff and to all the fellow Trip Advisor travellers who gave sound advise before our holiday!
One last note which can't be stressed enough... Please be aware of the strength of the sea's waves. The Pacific will show no mercy if you test her. Be safe and enjoy your Solmar Experience as we did :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico