“All in all a great experience”
Review of Solmar Resort

Solmar Resort
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We went to stay with Solmar for a 5 day all inclusive in mid April on a Living Social deal and had a great time. Although the resort was a bit "dated" the views of the beach and the sounds of the crashing surf were amazing. We found the food in the restaurant very good and the service was adequate but we were never in a hurry to be anywhere. We did attend the time share sales pitch and although it was a bit high pressure in a way I'm sure if you told them no you're not interested they would end it. I'm sure they don't want to waste their time either if there is no prospect for them.

The resort is on the Pacific side of Baja and it is a no swimming beach but it's great to walk the beach down and see the surf crashing on the shore. We found all of the staff to be very friendly and helpful and for the most part all could communicate well in English.

I guess due to the fact we did wind up purchasing a time share at the Grand Solmar we will be visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear customer from Clemmons, North Carolina;
Congratulations on your purchase at the new resort! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed our location and what nature gives us on this side of the Pacific, definitely the sunsets from the resort are stunning and the sound of the waves at night. Nothing pleases us more than know you have enjoyed our cuisine and the friendly service of our staff. Once again thank you for your visit; it will be our pleasure to greet you here again. Cordially! Luis A.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

There is a reason this place is only rated 27th out of 68 resorts. First is the construction. Our room (2391) could not have been closer to the work site. Loud banging and cutting rebar from 8am to many times 10pm. The only quiet day was Sunday. But we knew about the construction before we booked and were prepared to deal with it. The property itself is nice but a little dated. It is situated between their "primier" properties " Grand Solmar and Playa Grande". We made the mistake of listening to their timeshare presentation and toured both of these resorts. There is a "considerable" difference in the level of quality, food options and activities. On the plus side, the grounds are nicely mainicured and service at the pool was very good. Dining options are limited to the one restaurant. Service at times was extemely slow, more than once we waited more than an hour for our food and once they forgot an entire order for our party of 4. Not the best of dining experiences. Food quality was hit and miss. There are no late night food options. Bottom line: Would we stay here again? No

Room Tip: To lessen exposure to construction noise ask to be by the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lori B

Dear Lori B. from Dundee, Oregon;
I appreciate very much your feedback and I would like to offer you an apology due of the construction condition you manifest. In the meaning time I am working with our staff re training them to guarantee we meet ours service standards as we usually do to full fill our customers´ expectations. I look forward to have the opportunity to greet you here again and provide you an even better experience. Cordially.

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Loved the place, wish we had a second story, view was ok from the ground floor. people were great, construction was not to bad, the waves crashing were louder than the construction ... would go back in a heartbeat. took a week to learn the ins and outs though.. Mark and Mad

• Stayed: April 2013
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear customer from Fate, TX;
We thank you for taking the time to posting your review. We are pleased to know you loved the resort nothing makes us happier than read you have enjoyed your holiday. Please feel free to come back at any time and let me know in advance such that I can assure your suite's location as you desire. Thank you again for your visit. Best regards!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Solmar was so much fun! We did a lot of activities with Sandra. The weather was amazing and the service perfect!!!! Having all inclusive was necessary since you will want to have drinks while you are on the beach. I want to come back already!
We will be going next year also.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank mariamontess
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear customer;
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. We are glad to read you have enjoyed your holiday, the beautiful Cabo’s weather and the amenities from the Resort. Our activities pro and all of us will be so happy to greet you here again. Cordially; Luis A. Resident manager

Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed during spring break and it was very nice and quiet! No college kids at all! Our room was upgraded before we even got there. Great ocean views from most rooms. Very clean for an older property. Grounds are impeccable, I dare you to find trash! Staff is very nice and helpful. Walking distance to town.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank maxepr1
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear customer from Fort Worth, Texas, USA;
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! Nothing makes us happier that knowing you have enjoyed your vacation and the friendliness of our staff and the peaceful of the place has contributed to that. Please do not wait too much to comeback and allow us to provide an even better service. Sincerely yours; Luis A. Resident Manager.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Once again, I had my annual Spring vacation at Solmar, and for the third time in a row, had a great time doing some fun and relaxing things. The best part of going back to Solmar is that the staff are always really friendly, and many of them even remember me from my previous visits, and they go out of their way to take the best care of me. The Manager there, Nicte-xa De la Torre, and the Concierge, Kristina Sanchez, were two people who I met back in 2012, and who I have kept in touch with on Facebook since then. Nicte-xa made sure that I even got the same room I had last year, which overlooked the beautiful pool and the ocean beyond it. It was perfect. Kristina helped set me up with my sky tour of Cabo San Lucas, and as usual, everything went perfectly. The resort is clean, quiet, and whatever I needed or wanted, it was available to me. The other guests were very friendly, no one was overly loud or obnoxious...everyone was just there to have fun and relax. It was Spring Break for the college crowd, and St. Patrick's Day fell in my week as well, so the town was full of fun, and the atmosphere at Solmar was relaxing and calm. A perfect balance for my vacation.
The food was good, the housekeeping staff were always on point, and I have to say again that having some real friends there as well make the stay so much better. Everyone there made me feel like I was back home...in fact, Nicte-xa always calls Solmar and Cabo my "home away from home", and she's right! I'm already looking forward to seeing everyone again next year...I'm a permanent fan of Solmar...muchas gracias to all my friends there ;-)

Room Tip: Let Nicte-xa choose the perfect location for your room based on what you tell her you are looking fo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank JonnyTequila
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear customer from White Plains, New York;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience. I am glad to know our personnel has walked the extra mile to exceed your expectations. Please do not wait too much to comeback it will be our pleasure to greet you here again. Sincerely yours. Luis Alvarez Resident Manager.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My wife and I are the adventuresome sort so Solmar wasn't really a good fit. It's more for the sort that go to shopping malls and seek out the corporate eateries of home while on vacation. Still, it's clean, safe, comfortable, etc. Biggest negative is that you are hit with the time share pitch immediately. Wasn't really expecting it but if it has to be, at least let us experience the place first. Next big ding is temporary in that there is construction of a more upscale resort going on right next door. I swear we were put into one of the rooms closest to the construction because of our lack of interest in the time share aspect. Finally, the entire resort is on a hill and a relatively long walk from the beach across soft sand. Not good things for my bad hip and knee. Shouldn't be a problem for the physically fit.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BigCabDaddy
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear customer from Fort Collins, Colorado
I really appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience with others. I would like offer you an apology due of the construction conditions you manifest. By the other side we are glad you enjoy the cleanliness, safety, comfort and the secluded location of the Resort. Once again I appreciate your visit and hope to have the chance to greet you here when you be in Cabo. Cordially; Luis Alvarez Resident Manager