My wife and I booked our honeymoon right after our wedding in June. We decided to go with a trip down to Cabo San Lucas at the end of October. Solmar Resort offered an all-inclusive deal at an amazing rate that we could not resist. After a wonderful week by the beach, I decided I would let everyone know about our experience.
The flight down to Cabo was part of the all-inclusive package and was not that bad of a trip. When we landed at the airport, we were pretty bombarded by a variety of Vacation Activity salesmen. Your best bet is to just walk out the door of airport and offer to pay a shuttle driver cash to take you to your hotel (that's what we did). The shuttle was only $16/person, but we had to drop off a few other tourists at other hotels on our way to the resort. It was definitely worth it, because the private taxis were about $80 for a one-way trip from the airport to the resort.
The check in process at Solmar was pretty easy. We were greeted by friendly staff who quickly notified us that our room had been upgraded (awesome). The room was great! We had 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, living room, kitchenette, and a bedroom with a king bed. Within minutes of walking in the door of our room, we got a knock on the door. One of the restaurant managers, Ernesto, came to greet us with our first cocktails of our honeymoon! This was extremely classy, and matched with the rose petals and swan-shaped towels on our bed, we were very delighted by the resort's attention to detail in making this a memorable start to our honeymoon.
After introductions were made, Ernesto immediately asked us what we would like to eat. The long trip from the east coast of the US to Cabo had caused us to build up quite the appetite. By the time we changed clothes and headed down to the restaurant (15 minutes), Ernesto had already prepared some food and beverages for us. Needless to say, we were getting the honeymoon started off right! Food, drinks and a wonderful sunset within the first couple of hours we were there!
The food at the restaurant was awesome! Ernesto and his staff have great options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You are given detailed menus to help you make your food selections for each meal. The dining experience at the restaurant was truly great! Fresh food, great service, and you're practically on the beach during your meal.
The hospitality was top-notch throughout the trip! Regarding service, there were a couple hiccups that we would have loved to not have dealt with. We are Red Sox fans, and we wanted to watch the final games while we were down there. We lost all cable in our rooms for almost an entire day, and I know it's not the biggest deal when you're in such a great location, but we were told several times that it was going to be fixed within 30 minutes. We ended up watching the game at the snack bar at the resort with a group of Sox fans, so it all worked out. Another issue was the construction taking place on the Grand Solmar side of the property. Every day, from about 7AM- 7PM, there was constant hammering and drilling taking place less than 200 feet from our room. I wish we would have been notified of this issue prior to the trip, but we most certainly did not let this ruin the honeymoon.
Overall, we were extremely satisfied with our stay at Solmar. Between Ernesto, the housekeeping staff, the front-of-house staff, and shuttle drivers, we were very impressed with the care and attentiveness they provided us throughout the trip. The Somar is not the best place to go if you're looking to party hard with a group of young adults, but if you're looking for a place to relax and unwind, this is the perfect spot for you! We also strongly suggest going on one of the beautiful sunset cruises! We loved our honeymoon in Cabo, and we hope to go back soon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico