“mother/daughter trip”

Ranked #27 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Los Angeles, California
“mother/daughter trip”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Firstly, would be much more enjoyable and quiet if it wasn't for the construction zone next door. Sometimes you can tune it out and other's it's very annoying particularly when they start very early in the morning and end late at night. The staff is incredibly friendly, wonderful and accommodating. The food was really good as well. The negatives were that they gave away (or so they said) our room on the beach and acted like they were upgrading us to a penthouse when we paid for the room on the beach!!!!! The room did have sewer smells coming from the vents or bathroom or somewhere. Really unpleasant. You have to pay for the wi-fi which I think should be included in the price and they need more bathrooms around the resort. Otherwise, would recommend and would return when the construction is over.

Cindy L
Los Angeles, CA

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear customer from Los Angeles, California;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I would like to apologize due of the noisy conditions you manifest. Regarding rooms allocation, we always try to accommodate our customers’ request if possible, I am sorry we could not do it this time. By the other side I have shared your comments with our food and beverage staff, they are glad to know you have enjoyed their customer service and the cuisine. Once again thank you for your patronage, I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon. Be assured that my staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire. Best regards!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This place is awesome!! the food was good and the service great! this was the best experience in a Timeshare resort we have had. The rooms almost all have a great view. Watch out for the beach though, its non swiming. But everything else was perfect

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear customer from Dallas, Texas;
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others. Your kindly comments are well appreciated and this motivates us to continue working to exceed your expectations. It will be our pleasure to greet you here again as our guest in the short future. Warm greetings from Cabo!!
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was our 4th trip to Cabo and our first stay at the Solmar Resort.

Los Cabos is great and I would recommend it to anyone.

We were fortunate to stay at the Solmar Resort for two weeks and had a fabulous time.
Yes there is construction next door at the Grand Solmar but you don't really notice it until noon, when the workers take a break, then you really enjoy that hour of peacefulness.

The room was great. Sure it is an older hotel and a bit outdated, but the rooms were clean, the housekeeping was excellent and we had a fantastic view of the pool and the ocean.

The food at the resort was also great. Leonor and Ernesto did a fantastic job in looking after us. Even after two weeks we were not bored of the menu.

All in all, we had an enjoyable time.
Cheers,

1 Thank Craig G
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear customer from Burnaby, Canada;
We appreciate very much your kindly comments. It is rewarding to read that you have enjoyed your two weeks vacations and the facilities of the resort. It will be our pleasure to greet you here again as our guest in the near future you can be sure we will do our best to provide you an even better experience. Warm greetings from Cabo!!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We just returned from a 5-day trip to Cabo and we stayed at the Solmar. We did our research ahead of time and were well prepared for the daytime construction at the nearby resort. Yes, we could hear the construction, but it didn't interfere with relaxing, socializing, and enjoying our time at Solmar. Beautiful beach, gorgeous pool area, qualified staff members who gave top-notch service, and absolutely delicious meals. While the accommodations might be considered aged in appearance, our rooms were clean, safe, and provided more than enough space for two adults to travel. The social environment was comfortable, relaxed, and friendly. We loved the close walk to the Marina, restaurants, bars, and market area. As a part of the all-inclusive plan, we were able to complete a short walk to the fitness facilities next door. The WiFi service and "bottom shelf" drinks could have been better, but we were overall very pleased with our stay. We hope to return SOON!

Room Tip: Request for a location away from the construction. We would recommend asking for a 2nd or 3rd floor...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear customer from Des Moines, Iowa;
I appreciate very much your time to share your experience. It is our pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your vacation and our staff has provided you a professional service. Thank you for your comments on drinks, we promise to work on it. Please do not wait too long to come back and allow us to provide you an even better experience. Warm greetings from Cabo!!
northern California
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have loved the Solmar Beach Club now for 9 years and have been going there every year for a week. It is a comfy jewel on a wonderful beach , getting crowded out by ever more fancy places, which could be in any city.
This year it was not relaxing to be at either of the 2 pools, since the noise from Grand Solmar construction was so invasive , that u could not have a decent conversation , nor relax with a book.
We tried to escape the noise by going to a Grand Solmar pool at the other end and were informed that Solmar Beach Club guests were not welcome to use the facilities….even though the GS buildings are taking over the spaces we had bought as timeshare area 9 years ago.
The Solmar personnel however is friendly ,very responsive and helpful.
The walk to the town is comfortable and at the bottom of the hill are buses, which carry u so many places into town for 10 pesos. It is fun to use them and practice spanish!

Room Tip: right now there is no escape from the noise at any unit, except for Sundays. Otherwise work with jac...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank uriggin
Dear customer from Northern California;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We appreciate very much your patronage along all this years. Please accept my apology due of the noisy conditions you manifest encountered during your visit. By the other side I am glad to read that our staff has provided you a professional and friendly service. I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon. Be assured that my staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire. Warm greetings!!
Minnesota
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Nothing good to say about this place. Algae in the pool, dirty rooms, this is not a good place. Construction noise is unreal, all day long, you can't get away from it. No entertainment or even music at the pool, a guest brought he I pod and that was our entertainment. They had no cold beer and they got a cooler filled with ice to cool the beer, for real? Then they ran out, there was about 10 people at the pool and they ran out, really? I ask for 4 waters to make a pot of coffee in my room and they would only give me one? All Inclusive? The guy would only give me one and had me sign for it, take it to my room and come back 3 more times and sign each time, I got my 4 bottles of water so I could make a pot of coffee, what a joke. We have been to many AI's and this was the worst ever. We left mid week and stayed at another resort, it was so great to get to a real resort.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, if it was for free I would not stay here. The noise was unbelievable with the c...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AlwaysCabotime
Dear customer from Minnesota;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept my apology due of the inconveniences you are manifesting. I have shared your feedback with my managers since technically there is no reason for such kind of reports; there is a complete team of maintenance doing daily preventive jobs in our swimming pools. Bars and restaurants are supplied daily with products from our warehouse for our customers' enjoyment, this include the cold beers. Unlimited coffee is provided at our restaurant all day long and evian water is supplied to your suite for a minimal extra fee if you desire. Once again I apologize for this atypical situation. I will make sure things will be handled differently in the future. Best regards!
Carefree, Arizona
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Returning from a trip using a Living Social deal we did not expect to spend a week next to a construction site. After a while we could blend the noise out, we could not blend out the smelly room (the sell of toilet, etc.). There is not much room for your belongings, it is hard to put your stuff away. The food is quite good, the stuff exceptionally nice and helpful. All in all it was not an exceptionally good nor an exceptionally bad experience, we will certainly not go back to this place however good the deal is. By the way: the wine is CAVIT, I think, to be had in the US for about US$ 10 a gallon - I expected Mexican wine, which usually is of good quality.

2 Thank HeliOpa
Dear customer from Carefree, Arizona;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I really apology due of the noisy conditions you manifest. Thank you for recommend our food and the customer services from our staff. We would be honored with your visit once again you can be assured that my staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire. Best regards!