This was our first non-cruise trip to Cabo San Lucas. We booked everything through AAA and were able to find something very reasonable for our budget. Upon arrival at the resort, we were upgraded (no-charge) to a bigger room which was awesome. One with a full living room and kitchen to full bathrooms and two balconies. When arrived to the room we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us, and a rose pedals in a heart shape with two towel swans.
So after getting settled we headed down for dinner where we met our favorite person at the resort Ernesto the Maitre D. He made our 8 days at the resort awesome. We even ran into him at the mall on his one day off, he had his grandson in his arms, wife and daughter with him and asked us if there was anything we needed even on his off day. Then our anniversary dinner, that he set up was awesome see pics below, had a private table on the beach at sunset with hearts racked into the sand, they served us for close to two hours making sure all of our needs were met. Thanks Ernesto your the man and made our trip memorable.
We went on this trip with just the two of us, had awesome time at the swim up bar almost ever day, made for a good place to meet people. We met a lot of good people and even some that we are going on another vacation this winter.
Yes there was construction on the addition of the Grand Solmar, but the noise was nothing that the music at the pool couldn't drown out.
Lastly the morning we were getting ready to leave, we were lucky enough to be there when some of the sea turtles hatched. There were 52 survivors and thanks to the efforts of the Solmar resorts they were all able to make it to the water. My wife even got to hold one. Just capped off a great trip.
The resort is only a couple minute walk into the tourist traps and it was a good daily walk.
We will be back, we just hope that the expansion of the Grand Solmar doesn't mean that this old style resort will be torn down to expand the Grand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico