I am very pleased with my choice to stay at the Solmar Resort during my trip to Cabo. I didn't really know what to expect other than to keep my expectations limited given how inexpensive it is and all inclusive. My husband and I stayed there at the end of April 2014 which was the perfect time to go. Spring break was over and school had not yet ended for summer. Perfect for an early 30's couple looking for R&R which was fulfilled by how the laid back atmosphere of the hotel. The hotel itself is quaint, beautifully designed but not over the top like the sister resort Grand Solmar. Be prepared to do a lot of walking on your trip because just getting around the hotel grounds required lots of travel. I was impressed with how clean and well maintained the room was even though the bathroom was a little outdated and funky. The maid service came and did an excellent job each time. We had a junior suite that overlooked the Pacific ocean and it was quite spacious. My biggest complaint about the room is the bathroom lighting was a little too low for us ladies applying makeup! Otherwise it was fine. Very comfy, soft bed. Good linens and clean towels daily.
I was surprised by the thunderous crashing of the waves on the Pacific side. I wasn't prepared for the intensity of the waves and I can definitely see why you are not allowed to swim on that side of the peninsula. The waves even caused our windows to shake at night! (Not in an annoying, intrusive way. I thought it was relaxing)
The staff members were wonderful. I must agree with previous posts that this is one of the friendliest resorts I've ever experienced. Everyone would greet, smile and they were all willing to make any accommodation I requested. My husband went deep sea fishing and caught tuna which Tejaban was more than willing to cook up for us no extra charge!
The drinks we decent. They certainly didn't water down the beverages, they just use less than stellar alcohol to make the drinks in the first place. I mostly stuck with beer so I was fine. My husband was obsessed with the Dirty Monkey drinks which I highly recommend.
Tejaban served delicious food for dinner al la carte; we were never disappointed after a meal or felt so stuffed usually following a buffet pig out. The breakfast, however, was something to write home about! Every morning, they do a fresh fruit bar with tons of ripe papaya and yogurt. They also make a veggie/fruit juice smoothie which was quite yummy. It tasted like apples, kale, celery and bananas. The machaca nortena, waffle, french toast and breakfast burrito are definite recommendations.
The pool side sushi place was good. I didn't order too much from them since we spent a lot of time out exploring the city during lunch time but we did get some sushi. I would recommend the fruit roll sushi--SO GOOD! I do agree with previous reviewers that the signing of the "check" is a little excessive since they do have record of what we order anyway.
There was mention of the construction noise in previous reviews, but I hardly noticed it. I knew it was going on, it just wasn't that loud. What was annoying was getting hounded for timeshare presentations. I think next time I will wear a sign that says "NO TIMESHARES!" They're just so difficult to avoid.
The hike to lover's beach is manageable however more difficult than I originally thought it would be. My husband and I hiked bare foot, which I would NOT recommend. You have to hike over two terrains to get to divorce/lover's beach. It's very worth it once you get there, but it was harder than I expected.
I think this was a lovely hotel and I would absolutely consider returning to this resort if I can get back down to Cabo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico