We bought a timeshare at Solmar 14 years ago when Cabo was a much different place. Despite the amazing changes in Cabo, Solmar is basically the same. The setting is wonderful. A really beautiful place and always kept extremely clean. Housekeeping staff is great and I can actually say service has improved somewhat in that area. We had twice daily maid service and room service was prompt and reasonably priced.
If you love to hang by the pool and sip drinks you couldn't find a better place. Pool is never crowded and pool bar is fun with an amazing ocean view. Whale watching is easy right from the beach and you can watch the cruise ships go by. (beach is not swimmable)
Walk into town is easy (if you wear good shoes and are in any kind of reasonable physical condition)and safe although I've always been in a group and have not done it past about 10pm. If your not feeling energetic cab ride to anywhere in town is only $6 and cabs are easy to get.
Timeshare sales pressure can get old. They tried the "free upgrade to Playa Grande" with us at check in. We simply refused--very firmly--and they backed off. I think it helped that I had a copy of my RCI exchange with me. We rebuffed the timeshare sales women immediately and never heard from her again. You just need to be firm.
Service in restaurant has always been average at best and food is about the same. They are doing more buffets to combat the problem which is OK if you like buffets. We eat at the hotel if time is a constraint or if we are too tired to go out. Otherwise there are too many great restaurants in Cabo to eat at the hotel. Try Mama's Cafe for great breakfasts.
Solmar's mariache is the best in Cabo. If you get the chance invite the guys to sing a few. They've been doing it for many years.
If you like a laid-back, unpretentious, smaller place, no crowds, a nearly deserted spectacular beach, and an amazing natural rock setting, choose Solmar.
Their sport fishing fleet is one of the best in Cabo and can be easily arranged at the hotel.
We have never had any trouble with security at the hotel. No thefts, no trouble with our billing or credit card. Don't think you have to worry about that at Solmar.
I would return to Solmar. We've stayed there about 7 times. However, I am not in a rush to get back to Cabo. Growth is really out of hand and I think it is time to find a less discovered town. If you've never been there--you'll have a great time. I'd just recommend avoiding the timeshare thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico