Talk about deceptive advertising. Google map shows the entire hotel intact. We were hoping to stay in the Junior Suites, to the left of the hotel. Unfortunately, it is gone! Five months ago they tore it down, and within several years, all of it will be gone. In its place, will be this brand new edifice.
So, my gorgeous view of the ocean, consisted of backhoes, cranes, and frontloaders. Big boulders being loaded on on the shovel of these frontloaders and delivered to the other side of the new construction. The view is total destroyed. The noise is horrible. I didn't plan on spending a week in a construction zone.
We complained, and the bored and indifferent staff decided to give us a free breakfast. Wow! The management is so considerate.
They had to know that they are going to a hit for this construction. Particularily the people that aren't time share. These people can just wait it out. Those that aren't as wealthy, will find that they are just a minor inconvenience for the ownership, until this project is done in about five years.
If the brochure, and the ad on the internet was honest, and showed all this construction, I don't think they would be duping so many people into coming to their hotel.
Yes, it is a beautiful area, and I imagine those that were lucky enought to stay here before the construction did have a peaceful and enjoyable stay.
The BBB Bureau really needs to look into the deceptive ads that the Solmar is using in their online presentation.
I have asked for remuneration from this hotel. I doubt that I will even hear from them. But I think anyone who felt that they were going to be able to stay in the hotel that was, and no longer is, deserves some type of apology and financial compensation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico