What a killer location!
If not for the construction that begins around 7:00 am and doesn't stop till 7:00 pm I would easily consider this place on of the most serene places I've ever been. Sitting at the southern most tip of the Baja, it is a great location. Unfortunately they are building a mega resort which will be very nice but will also make it very busy with lots of people.
The food and alcohol I sampled there was extremely good but extremely expensive. Not quite right for a small hotel IMO. 6 bucks for a margharita and $4.50 for a beer was a bit much. Don't expect to even eat a small meal for less than $15.00. You can go for the $80/day all inclusive extra which includes Shrip & Lobster if you stay there the whole time.
The walk to downtown, while not far is a bit daunting if you want to go back and forth a bit. $6 to take a taxi though if you get tired. I would have loved to have gone downtown for every meal as there are very good places to eat but that's a lot of walking.
If you want to circumvent the people trying to sell you stuff; charters, booze cruises, drugs and sex, keep walking the main road and don't get on the marina till the first street you get to. It's about a mile but hassleless. Of course if that's your thing, when you see water, head in that dirrection ;-)
Don't buy the itineraries the hotel tries to sell, you will get better deals if you go to the area I mentioned in the last paragraph. Seriously, it's not all that bad. Go to #6 (maybe #5) just past Hooters and ask for Isreal or George, they are really good guys and will take care of you.
Time Share people at the hotel will leave you alone after about 2 days if you ignore them or say "No Thanks". They have a good memory for faces.
Lastly, if I were to go again, I'd find a hotel downtown but that is just casue I like to party a bit sometimes. It's a long journey back to this hotel, especially after a bunch of tequilla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico