A a minute RCI choice due to the Gulf oil spill. Previous reviews criticized construction..Habia no problema, Our room faced the pool & beach .Rocked to sleep by the sound of the surf. Sol-mar suites suited us better than Grand Solmar next door .The suites are quieter with an old fashioned feel we enjoyed. The hotel staff ,especially the concierges were wonderful. We are learning Spanish & they directed us to many wonderful (Cheap) local restaurants, where only Spanish is spoken.
You cant swim on the beach, really can't. I'm an ocean swimmer & i wouldn't risk it. Consequently although there is a pool, I don't think its a great location for small kids.
For most people a car is essential to get to the wonderful beaches along the "tourist route" (+Wall mart & Costco)There is public transport , but you'd need time & good Spanish. We traveled a circular route around the lower Baja & took a couple of days in La Paz . Its interesting ,roads were excellent & safe. (by day, never drive in Mexico at night accidents, not bandits).
Internet access was pricey & poor. Yet in town there are internet cafes for a dollar an hour or its free in 2 coffee shops.The room could have used more light via decent floor lamps That's the only 2 minor criticisms.
The solamr restaurant was good if pricey They own 2 nearby restaurants & we had coupons for going on yet another time share talk..The Galeon is good, they put on a show of making Mexican coffee & the Gambas were superb. Still the same shrimps are 1/4 the price at the workers restaurants ;Los Claros or El Torro Cuero.
For a quiet time, a welcome & a home away form home. The small Jazz bar "two for the road" run by Cathy & Marty is recommended . Free communal Spanish lessons there Monday nights .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico