To be fair, this is just not my cup of tea. I could see how this could be possibly appealing to a certain group of people, just not really us. When we go on vacation,we like small, intimate, private and cultural. Completely opposite of the PBR. My partner's parents have a time share they were not using, so we enjoyed a free stay. The grounds were well manicured, (though cannot say we were a big fan of the caged birds) and beautiful. The pool was nice (perhaps a bit too warm, but our 6 year old daughter loved it) and the beach was too. The food was adequate, more like cruise ship fare. We had the grill with a side of veggies...the veggies consisted of 4 pieces of asparagus. The drinks were strong, thank goodness for that. Mexican Fair night was fun and the food was the best we had.
The time-share staff was everywhere. We were pressured every single day, even after attending a "presentation" that lasted about 5 hours (no kidding...90 minutes is a LIE!). We were interrupted twice during dinner and as soon as we left the Mexican Fair with a sleeping 6 year old in our arms, we were accosted by another time-share lady.
The place was so crowded, but of course it was spring break in Mexico. This is what we did. We rented a car and drove to Chileno Beach almost every day where we snorkeled and hung out with the locals (It was spring break in Mexico, too). Go to the third beach, there are no snorkeling boats and no waves for the kids.We also went to Santa Maria beach, but there were too many boats. We drove to Todos Santos and hung out for the day. A very quiet place, no beach vendors and no time-share crap.
I guess if you like cruise ships, this is the place for you (by the way, the cruise ships, usually 2, were docked in front of the PBR).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the many colors of Land's End and El Arco. Stroll to the vibrant downtown Cabo San Lucas, filled with restaurants and clubs. Walk on the few swimmable beaches in Cabo or just relax shades of crimson poolside or from your private balcony. Discover a restful spa and resort where warm hospitality and beauty harmonize to create the greatest of pleasures. Now offering a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico