We are owners at Sunset Beach and I have always had good things to say about the Rose and in fact, we usually stay there. This past June was not such a great visit.
Let me start with what was not good:
The Marie Nostrum was the only restaurant on the property that was not a buffet (except for the expensive one upstairs). Now this one is a buffet so if you get the all inclusive, those are your only choices. I think the quality of the food has gone down hill. Very disappointing. The only good meals are breakfast (hard to mess up a breakfast buffet) and lunch around the pool. The theme dinners are not worth the money. Although, dinner at the Blanco was good.
The room was clean but we had trouble with our water all week. It would vacillate from burning hot to freezing cold. When I would complain, the maintenance man would come up and say our room was too far away from the main water line. Come to find out, they were having a problem with the water all week and one night it was shut off completely and they didn't give us a notice to inform us. :( My big issue is they were not very transparent and honest when i would ask or complain about anything. They would pretend they didn't know what was going on. Finally I talked with a manager and she told me they were having all sorts of problems with their water. Nothing worse than after a hot day to not be able to take a good, relaxing shower.
Then there is the internet you can buy if you want it in your room. Don't get it! It never works.My son was taking a college class on line where he was not able to send in or do his work for the entire week. Hard to catch up after that! We complained all week and they did nothing about it. Finally I spoke with a manager and she told me they would get me a refund. Its been 2 months that I have been emailing them and no refund yet.....again, its like they tell you what you want to hear and then do not followup and are not honest about what the details are.
The grounds are very clean and well maintained. They have changed their policy on reserving chairs in the morning so it was much easier to get a pool lounge chair vs. everyone taking them by 7 a.m. and then not sitting in them.
I will have to think twice about recommending the Rose again. Very disappointed in their follow-through, not being transparent about problems, decline in food quality, and room issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the many colors of Land's End and El Arco. Stroll to the vibrant downtown Cabo San Lucas, filled with restaurants and clubs. Walk on the few swimmable beaches in Cabo or just relax shades of crimson poolside or from your private balcony. Discover a restful spa and resort where warm hospitality and beauty harmonize to create the greatest of pleasures. Now offering a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico