“Everything was wonderful but the food was so-so”
Review of Pueblo Bonito Rose

Pueblo Bonito Rose
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I went with a group of 5. They gave us rooms next to each other. All of the rooms have a balcony with a pretty good view (some have a view of the ocean!).

The all inclusive is great if you aren't expecting fancy cocktails. We lived on Caronas, Pina Coladas, and tequila shots for a few days, which is exactly what we wanted.

The beach is safe to swim in, which I believe is rare in that area. There was a slight sand fly problem on our last day, which was unfortunate.

The only negative I have is the food. Breakfast was great, but the theme nights were not very good. The dinners were a little bit weird. I wasn't expecting amazing meals since it's all inclusive, but honestly the food was just *weird*. Not enough mexican food!!!

Overall, my group of 20-somethings had a blast! The hotel is a short cab ride away from local clubs and bars. The hotel felt very safe and the rooms/pools were clean. No free wifi though, but we didn't need it!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the water have a better view, but the two rooms I saw were identical.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is a lovely resort and although it has some age on it very well maintained. Our room was well appointed and the daily maid service excellent. There is very little storage space for clothes in the one bedroom suite. We were only 2 people so it was fine, but any more would have been a problem. The staff is polite and anxious to please. Any complaint was addressed immediately in a friendly professional manner. See Yazmin if you have a problem, she is a real asset to the hotel staff. The only drawback was the breakfast and dinner meals are serviced buffet and very mediocre or worse. I did not enjoy or thought worth my money for any of the buffets. Also they are served outside which is lovely until the birds and flies come around. Ugh! Only lunch and dinner in the gourmet restaurant are menu service and they are excellent. The Mexican Chicken Soup is to die for. The location of the resort is excellent and an easy walk to other hotels and downtown. The beach is kept clean and beautiful. I would only get the "all inclusive" meal plan for 1 or 2 days to learn the lay of the land and then go out on your own. The prices for self pay at the resort are way too high making the "all inclusive" the only way to eat on location. Their sister resort is too far out and the food prices also prohibitive. The free Wi-Fi service didn't work all the time but enough and I'm not on vacation to work. But again knowing what I know and with some planning Cabo and Bonita Rosa can be a great vacation spot.

Room Tip: Stay close to the beach end of the resort.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We have been owners at PBR since 2001. It was very evident this visit that the property needs attention. In our room, a one bedroom luxury suite, the patio door lock was broke, the fan in the bathroom didn't work and we had no bedding for the sofa bed for our third person. We had people working on these things at 10:00 our first night. The fan was replaced, and ran on high and low, but never shut off. We were informed that the lock on the patio door was not working and would be fixed the next day... He never came back. The outlet In the kitchen moved every time we plugged in the toaster. The AC didn't remove the humidity; it was damp and everything felt clammy. The floor, even though it was mopped everyday, left our feet and socks black, so we had to wear shoes the whole time indoors. Our cleaning service was missed one day and we had to take the trash to the front desk at 10:00 at night. The maids were very nice and accommodating and came to our room that night very late, but we told them to just come back in the morning. It was cleaned very early the next day. The overall quality of the rooms is failing. The walls need paint, furniture and fixtures need replaced. The cost of everything is escalating, but we did the timeshare deal and got a $350 resort/restaurant credit which helped tremendously. Wilver, our poolside server was great everyday! He even brought me a bucket of ice for my sprained wrist. Linda, the activities director, was great fun! There must be a new chef because the food at the restaurant was wonderful. We used to avoid it because it was so bad. It's not the 5-star resort it used to be. For the money we pay in maintenance fees, it should be outstanding. We heard our fees are going over into Sunset by the timeshare rep. I surely hope not. The rep also told us that a $5.6 million renovation is scheduled for PBR in 2014. It is much needed. Overall, we had fun, but were a little disappointed with our room.

Room Tip: Jr. Suites are large hotel rooms and we like them better than the one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here at this property and it was the best location to the beach as well as to downtown.
This was our first time to Cabo and we will defiantly stay here again .
We rented this from a lady on line .
I looked up condos for rent and this one got the best re.
Her name is Leanne Segal and her email address is playacabol.com if you ever need a rental this is the best ever.
Diana Barschak

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We just arrived home from a great vacation at the PB Rose. The service staff all seemed really friendly and helpful. Gerardo was the fellow that served us on the beach and we really appreciated his service and friendliness despite it being very hectic during Thanksgiving week. Heidi at the pool also provided great service. The room was comfortable and was kept spotless by the maid (Laura). I mention theses people by name because individually they are only one person but collectively the superb service makes a big difference to your vacation. I would definitely return to this hotel and would not hesitate to stay at a PB resort elsewhere. Thank you to all staff and kudos to the management for their strong focus on customer service.

Room Tip: Loved having a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My family, 12 of us, planned a thanksgiving vacation here. At first, I had trouble because I have a service dog, and they don't allow pets. Once I was contacted by the hotel staff, they were extremely accommodating and made sure that our entire family had 6 rooms together on the first floor.
The staff, from Yasmin, the front desk manager, to the housekeeping staff were so friendly and accommodating. The food in the restaurants was good. I am not a buffet person, so it was nice to have the sushi and the restaurants. The beach was wonderful.

It was a great experience. If you are looking for a 5 star elegant resort, you might not choose this hotel, but every family that we met at the Pueblo Bonita Rose, shared our feelings, it was the perfect family vacation choice!!!!

Thank you for a great experience.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and loved that we could just walk out onto the patio and be at the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SANDY S
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have owned at Pueblo Bonito Rose (PBR) for over 10 years. We had not been to PBR for a few years and came for two weeks beginning the end of October 2013. As always the location and most of the services are great. However, the internet service is terrible. I am a real estate broker and enjoy taking vacations at my timeshares. With a good internet connection, I can take care of business in about an hour and a half each morning, then go out to enjoy our vacation. However, this was not the case at PBR. When I say the internet connection was terrible, I mean I have had better dial up connections. It is worse than any other resort I have stayed at in the last 6 to 7 years. After contacting the WiFi/Internet company 5 times and meeting with the on-site technician, there was no change. I finally went to down town Cabo San Lucas and visited Starbucks to try their free WiFi. (The WiFi at PBR is approx. $80/week) The Starbucks WiFi worked great. The many apps (Skype, MLS, Instanet, AuthentiSign, ...) that didn't work at PBR worked great. From then on, each day began with my trip to Starbucks to get my work done. And this worked well. Good WiFi can be found in Cabo San Lucas.
However, from this I suspect that the poor internet at PBR is not a technical problem, but rather is more of a financial issue. PBR does not want to pay for good internet connectivity for its owners/guests. Even though my $80 was refunded for the PBR internet that didn't work the first week, this experience cost me $500 for a colleague to help me back home because of lack of internet support; $100 for phone charges because Skype would not work well; and three days of my vacation. That's well over the cost of my annual maintenance fee. I will have to think long and hard about returning here unless the internet connectivity is greatly improved.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family