So, the Rose has a great location...walking distance to downtown, on a great swimmable beach with views of Pelican Rock & Lovers Beach butttttttttttttt this is not a 5 star resort. Far from it actually.
We opted *not* to get the all inclusive plan for several reasons. The main reason is that with me (personally) I feel like if I get an all inclusive I need to gorge myself on food and alcoholic beverages in order to "get my moneys worth" out of it. Also, I feel obligated to stay at the hotel more instead of venturing out and tasting the local cuisine. Personal preferences aside, when I did think that I wanted to try the buffet after a loooooooong flight in to Cabo it looked disgusting. In fact, there was not one dish that I was even remotely interested in sampling. That pretty much sealed the deal on their "all-inclusive" option. I did eat at Cilantro's at Blanco for lunch one day and the food was average....underwhelming for a $50.00 meal but hey....it's whatever.
The rooms were decent. The first night there I was exhausted and slept the best I had years so I thought the beds were the bomb.com then each subsequent night after my sleep got worse and worse. Although, this could've been caused by my sunburn or the fact I took one too many tequila shots that night lol....No queen or king beds (very odd) only two doubles.
I tried to avoid spending any time at the pool (I'm in Cabo to enjoy the beach, not pool!) but when I did, the water definitely did not feel clean to me and it was HOT...like I was swimming in a hot tub hot.
Finally, the concierge was incredibly unhelpful and the front desk staff was equally unfriendly.
The Rose has every opportunity to be a 5 star resort and maybe it was at one time 20 years ago but as of June 2014 I'm not seeing it. The location though is really really really great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the many colors of Land's End and El Arco. Stroll to the vibrant downtown Cabo San Lucas, filled with restaurants and clubs. Walk on the few swimmable beaches in Cabo or just relax shades of crimson poolside or from your private balcony. Discover a restful spa and resort where warm hospitality and beauty harmonize to create the greatest of pleasures. Now offering a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico