“Beautiful view and great location - but lacking in other areas.”
Review of Pueblo Bonito Rose

Pueblo Bonito Rose
Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Champaign, Illinois
“Beautiful view and great location - but lacking in other areas.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I traveled with my family to this resort for a week long family vacation. First of all, DO NOT DO THE ALL INCLUSIVE. It is a horrendous value. While they advertise that you end up saving 50%, this figure is assuming you spend a ton outside of the resort. You will be much better served to just charge drinks and food to the room and go out for dinner - there are so many beautiful restaurants nearby to try!

The rooms are spacious including a kitchenette (with stove and microwave,) a small balcony and a sitting area. They were overall fine and pretty clean, but there is dust in the corners that the maids do not take care of.

The pool is huge and there are plenty of chairs to sit in, as long as you get a spot before 9. Otherwise, you'll probably be out of luck. The beach is just steps away and is absolutely beautiful.

The restaurant on site is wonderful, though pricy. I would steer clear of the one at the neighbor resort.

The service left much to be desired. The cashier in the deli (a small convenience store and deli is located on site) was incredibly rude and made it seem as if you were an inconvenience to her. The front desk staff is the same way - very sarcastic and unhelpful. The bar staff, cleaning staff, and others were incredibly friendly though. Each would give an enthusiastic "¡hola!" when passing them in the hallway.

Overall - sure it's an okay place to stay. Though I will not likely return to this resort, I was still able to have an awesome vacation!

Room Tip: Get to the hotel early, you may be able to get a room close to the pool.
3 Thank HaydnLambert
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your comments which are very important to us. Regarding the cleaning comments, we have passed your comments to the housekeeping department to reinforce these details, I can assure you that they will do it since it's a department that is often recognized by our guests. The pool and beach areas have around 450 pool chairs and in our sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, around 400. We are a hotel with high demand in these areas, and we don't allow to reserve chairs so our guests can enjoy of these areas. You comments on the Deli cashier and Reception are very useful to us and we will reinforce the hospitality subject on these departments. We look forward to welcome you anytime in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Goyita Osako, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (991)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been to Pueblo Bonito many times and this had to have been one of my better stays. The staff was amazing and deserves kudos for their hard work.
Angelo in the activities department is worth his weight in gold. He was full of energy and a very valuable asset to this organization. He was fun and energizing and stimulated everyone to join in on the fun. He was by far the best emplyee there that I encountered. A class act.
I so enjoyed Rodigo's class in towel art and playing Elvis in the Vegas nite show.
Irving in the security department was very helpful and very attentive to our needs by the pool.
Julietta at the Spa was marvelous, the best message I have ever had there.
Jay was extremely helpful with our needs by the pool. He was a very hard working man and I appreciated being waited by him. He was very good at his job.
My stay at the Rose was very relaxing and enjoyable thanks their stellar staff

1 Thank Norma L
Leavenworth, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I lived in Hawaii for 13 years. I thought my paradise days were over. Then by chance I found Pueblo Bonita Rose...and oh wow! I never have been able to afford luxury, but now I can. The rooms are big with a sitting area and a little kitchen. Every room has a balcony. It is right on the beach and you can sit under an umbrella with a lounge chair in the sand. You are even catered too! It is the same around their beautiful big pool. You do not have to do a thing. Who wouldn't want to come back?

Room Tip: Ask. If you want to be by the pool it is a little noisy in the afternoon
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pauline Y
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our first time to actually " stay " at the Pueblo Bonito Rose. Registration was fast and simple. It was our first time to try their all-inclusive meal plans but we chose to try it out conservatively at first( a minimum of three days); it came in handy for breakfast, snacks, and especially with the alcoholic beverages....we saved big time! Another feature that the hotel offered was their Theme Night shows during dinner.....very impressive Pueblo Bonito Rose! If you ever get a chance to visit this mediterranean-style hotel and want to hang out at the pool, please look for "Linda" , one of the many activity directors; she and her team did an awesome job of keeping all of us , well ...most of us , DEFINITELY, in the water! This hotel and it's staff deserves a " thumb's up !"

Room Tip: Since the hotel is located on Medano Beach on the Sea of Cortez, make an advanced request to have an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 798ishtar
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

So, the Rose has a great location...walking distance to downtown, on a great swimmable beach with views of Pelican Rock & Lovers Beach butttttttttttttt this is not a 5 star resort. Far from it actually.

We opted *not* to get the all inclusive plan for several reasons. The main reason is that with me (personally) I feel like if I get an all inclusive I need to gorge myself on food and alcoholic beverages in order to "get my moneys worth" out of it. Also, I feel obligated to stay at the hotel more instead of venturing out and tasting the local cuisine. Personal preferences aside, when I did think that I wanted to try the buffet after a loooooooong flight in to Cabo it looked disgusting. In fact, there was not one dish that I was even remotely interested in sampling. That pretty much sealed the deal on their "all-inclusive" option. I did eat at Cilantro's at Blanco for lunch one day and the food was average....underwhelming for a $50.00 meal but hey....it's whatever.

The rooms were decent. The first night there I was exhausted and slept the best I had years so I thought the beds were the bomb.com then each subsequent night after my sleep got worse and worse. Although, this could've been caused by my sunburn or the fact I took one too many tequila shots that night lol....No queen or king beds (very odd) only two doubles.

I tried to avoid spending any time at the pool (I'm in Cabo to enjoy the beach, not pool!) but when I did, the water definitely did not feel clean to me and it was HOT...like I was swimming in a hot tub hot.

Finally, the concierge was incredibly unhelpful and the front desk staff was equally unfriendly.

The Rose has every opportunity to be a 5 star resort and maybe it was at one time 20 years ago but as of June 2014 I'm not seeing it. The location though is really really really great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank pamela_berman
Dear Reviewer,

We truly appreciate your comments. We indeed have a very privileged location in one of the best beaches in Los Cabos. The Food and Beverages Department has a big variety in Theme Nights and restaurants, so there are different options for our guests, we regret not being what you were expecting, it would have been important for you to to have noted the Manager of Restaurant, because our interest is to achieve your satisfaction. We really hope to welcome you anytime in the near future so we can change your perception about Rosé.

Warm Regards,
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We are used to fairly regular US quality food....yuck is all we can say for the buffet. You may find something for breakfast, otherwise, order from the menu.

The room smells. I don't know if it is supposed to smell good, it smells awful.

We paid extra for wifi which is a joke. There is connectivity maybe once per day. Beware, it's $80 per device, not per room.

Otherwise the service if your are white and not old is terrible. We tip and tip well. My wife spent many years in the service industry. Man is king here, women are not given the same jobs and the men working as servers have ignored myself and my wife ALL DAY but taken care of someone next to us of Latin descent. Definitely not the environment we would like our children to see. Servers, workers, desk clerks are all indifferent and not friendly. We will spend our cash somewhere else for sure. Pueblo Bonito Rose es no bueno. ( the server corrected my wife tonight so we are sure this is correct grammar ; ). PS swimming at the beach is at your own risk.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We regret that our reviewer has received an environment of this nature. In Pueblo Bonito Hotels we work in favor of service to all of our guests without any exception. Men and women that perform service work with care and love. Part of my work being the General Manager of the hotel I gladly work towards the satisfaction of all of our guests. Regarding the perceived odor in the room, it could have been a smell moisture due to high ambient temperatures because of the lately rain. We appreciate your comments and we will work towards continuous improvement.

Respectfully,
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Oh man! Had fun but Pueblo Bonita Rose cannot take any of the credit for that. Love the view! Loved that I could walk down the beach and get a jet ski. Did not like the mediocre food and the dismal service. If you want something to drink, GOOD LUCK! The all inclusive package was a must for our family. We all eat at different times and that would have been horrible to schedule. If you plan on Gold Corral or Denny's quality food, your expectations would be in the right ball park. If you are looking for a dining experience, this is not your place. If you are looking for a quality drink, you will need to look elsewhere. The beds are double beds. If you are a couple that is use to a queen size bed or larger, sleep will be elusive! I think there HAS to be a better place to stay!! Will not return.

Room Tip: Do not choose this place!
1 Thank Chattyvon