“Pool service and activities are horrible”
Review of Pueblo Bonito Rose

Pueblo Bonito Rose
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Modesto, California
“Pool service and activities are horrible”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Having stayed here numerous times in the past, I am getting more and more disappointed every time. The Pool Side service is horrible. You have to wave a waiter down every single time you want something. Activities are now very limited as well is the music. Pool Volleyball is always fun but they need so much more. they no do not compare to all the other options on the beach front.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank slkric

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (943)
Santa ana
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was a good experience . Loved every thing . And Ivette was a good person to me and my family. The rooms where awsome and the pools where great . I loved it it was the best vacation . I want to go and do everything one more time.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Anita_sinaloa84
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

9 women in Cabo for two weeks, and there is not one bad thing to say about this resort! The service in every aspect is wonderful! Israel by the pool is one of the hardest working people we have ever met! He runs laps around the pool delivering hundreds of drinks a day with a smile and polite manners. Rosa was our housekeeper and was the sweetest lady, always ready with fresh towels for us! Jose, the best mango ceviche chef ever! He taught the cooking classes and was so enjoyable and very knowledgeable!

I have traveled all over the world and have yet to find a resort as accommodating, polite,professional and considerate of all guests as the Pueblo Bonito Rose. They are hands down the best resort to stay in in Cabo!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Katy P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Before we booked Pueblo Bonito Rose, I did an extensive amount of reading reviews. Yes there were some negative but more positive and after our trip this past week I have to say, I was very pleased with our stay. Yes, some of the rooms were a bit dated but are well maintained and kept very clean. I heard some upgrading is in the works. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. The pool and surroundings are beautiful and definitely kid friendly. There are two kid pools at about 2ft perfect for the little ones within the big pool so the whole family could be all together. We enjoyed Nightly entertainment and pool activities. We did the all-inclusive and for us 4 it was alright. We took advantage of the restaurants, bar, room service and pools. The food was decent, not 5 star. One downside was at Mare Nostrums, its in/outdoor and the birds knew exactly where to go. However the food is covered but they're major stalkers but there is staff by the buffets shooing them away. Other than the birds, it was all good. Ceviche was the best, shrimp and beef kabobs were delicious. Drinks were worth it. Shakes and smoothies were my kids favorite. With the all inclusive you have several restaurants to choose from. But if you want to explore on meals than don't go for the all inclusive. For us it was convenient especially with our kids and not wanting to leave the resort. You can also use the facilities at Pueblo Blanco next door or take the daily shuttle up to Pueblo Bonito Sunset which I heard is also beautiful. This is no Ritz Carlton but it is family friendly, singles friendly and lovers friendly as well and worth it. Unlike some other hotels I stayed at in cabo, we weren't harassed with timeshare presentations. It was offered once but with a simple no thanks we weren't bothered anymore. We also had a good ocean view. When we made our reservation we put in our request and they granted us what we wanted. Also, there is free wifi by the deli area but we chose to purchase our AT&T international data so we didn't have to worry about wifi. But it's available for purchase at the resort. This hotel is levels UP from RIU and Villa Del Palmar. If you wanna budget friendly resort, go check them out. Their not bad but this has better hospitality. Cheers and special thanks to David at Paloma, Archimedes, our pool server and all the staff at PB Rose! We'll be back next year.

Room Tip: 5th floor and up has great ocean views. If you can get first floor, it's easy access to the pool...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lyssa2014
California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Yes! Some staff were rude but we had excellent service with Aldair, in housekeeping very cheerful and made everything much better after getting treated bad during our check in with RENE. HENOC the assistant manager was awesome he compensated us a late checkout for Rubens behavior. He was a joy to talk to and made me not regret the decision of booking at the Rosé. DAvid at the restaurant was one of the best waiters. He moved our table gave advice and made our dinner at the sushi phenomenal. Sushi was amazing! The rooms had a funky smell I hate that I had to sleep real uncomfortable in a full size bed on my Honeymoon! I hated checking in and get treated badly by Rene. He tried to tell us if we didn't like it we can go stay at the Sunset! If I would have wanted to stay at the sunset I would have booked there. But whatever. I wasn't IMPRESSED by the room I had high expectations but it is what it is I love that it's close to the beach and beach is swim able.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jessramirez
Morgan's Point Resort, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

People were friendly and willing to make our stay relaxing and entertaining. There activities were varied and fun. Go Angelo, Rodrigo, Jay and Irving! Very nice gym and spa. Pepe had a great Zumba class. Gym equipment was extensive and clean. I gained 8 lbs. on the food choices especially at pool service and Cilantros.

Room Tip: Views are better on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Evita46
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I traveled with my family to this resort for a week long family vacation. First of all, DO NOT DO THE ALL INCLUSIVE. It is a horrendous value. While they advertise that you end up saving 50%, this figure is assuming you spend a ton outside of the resort. You will be much better served to just charge drinks and food to the room and go out for dinner - there are so many beautiful restaurants nearby to try!

The rooms are spacious including a kitchenette (with stove and microwave,) a small balcony and a sitting area. They were overall fine and pretty clean, but there is dust in the corners that the maids do not take care of.

The pool is huge and there are plenty of chairs to sit in, as long as you get a spot before 9. Otherwise, you'll probably be out of luck. The beach is just steps away and is absolutely beautiful.

The restaurant on site is wonderful, though pricy. I would steer clear of the one at the neighbor resort.

The service left much to be desired. The cashier in the deli (a small convenience store and deli is located on site) was incredibly rude and made it seem as if you were an inconvenience to her. The front desk staff is the same way - very sarcastic and unhelpful. The bar staff, cleaning staff, and others were incredibly friendly though. Each would give an enthusiastic "¡hola!" when passing them in the hallway.

Overall - sure it's an okay place to stay. Though I will not likely return to this resort, I was still able to have an awesome vacation!

Room Tip: Get to the hotel early, you may be able to get a room close to the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HaydnLambert
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your comments which are very important to us. Regarding the cleaning comments, we have passed your comments to the housekeeping department to reinforce these details, I can assure you that they will do it since it's a department that is often recognized by our guests. The pool and beach areas have around 450 pool chairs and in our sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, around 400. We are a hotel with high demand in these areas, and we don't allow to reserve chairs so our guests can enjoy of these areas. You comments on the Deli cashier and Reception are very useful to us and we will reinforce the hospitality subject on these departments. We look forward to welcome you anytime in the near future.

Warm Regards,